• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evan Duffield Interview on DASH Evolution at LaBitconf 2015

JuanSGalt

Lead developer Evan Duffield discusses Bitcoin Scalability, the open source development plan for DASH Evolution during LaBitconf 2015. The next stage of DASH development will be featuring decentralized social data storage, social network functionality, an identity system, a decentralized API and more.

During an interview with DisrupTek.info at LaBitconf 2015, Evan Duffield got into depth about the future of DASH development, aimed to bring “Paypal-like” functionality to the digital currency with notable advancements in ease of use.

Excellent interview, so potential high volume business users that represent 10% will pay towards the network and the rest get it for free, its great to consider the small users whereas bitcoin goes in the opposite direction. And solves the first adopter problem to boot.

On the subject of scalability and fees for bitcoin micro transactions, isn't it the case that small users are penalized for use(less than 0.001 btc), whereas for large transfers the fee doesn't matter. If bitcoin does not scale properly, the caveat rule is to place a heavy charge on small, so called spam transactions, this would wipe out a particular set of lower end transfers (already in place and rising)
Low income people and crowd funding for using micro donations are in this class,
nobody minds sticking some dimes into a charity change box but when you are told you must put a dollar in and get charged for it would you bother?

Bitcoin in effect is anti-small user due to it's heavy blockchain that noone wants to see getting bigger due to so called 'spam' transactions and if the value went up this would continue to worsen.

Thank you guys! Happy you like it. I'm was very satisfied with the conversation and had a good time hanging out with the DASH guys at the conference.

Feeling good about DASH, its building the dream that so many others are aiming for but staggering behind.
Maybe we see you around more often then, huh? :grin:

Yah, Juan, so glad to see you here! I was saying to my husband that this young man was such an excellent interviewer! Will be watching you :)

On a slightly down note, but not this video, a different interview I saw, Evan was asked why payments should be anonymous. His answer wasn't terrible but I felt he didn't state the obvious, and maybe because we all just assume to know.... that some transactions might be for healthcare or personal pleasure (sex toys etc). I'm not trying to make a big deal of this, just to say that sometimes, I think it helps if concrete examples are given.

I should also point out that when paper shredders first came out, governments kept a database of these buyers because "they must have something to hide". Does this happen with other new products such as 3D printers or drones?

This is the video that brought it all home for me, and got me excited about Dash. Share this to everyone you know...

Back