• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

At this point one has to acknowledge that buying DASH is throwing money away.

So he's mostly responsible (along with rising BTC) for the drop from .01 to .005... He didn't kill us but he sure wounded us! :confused:
Yup...truly, he was also looking out for his best interests. He knew if he dumped them like that...he would tank the value of the coin for the short term...thus tanking his own net worth with it. He said he will be back in, in the next 2 or 3 months. I'm not sure how that will work out for him. I can't fault him for wanting to make his money work for him. I've been a long term holder in masternodes. Whats amazing to me is he didn't want to set up MN's...thought they were risky and I was frustrated with trying to explain how they worked and that there was no risk of loosing his coins. Painful. Each their own. Good thing is he knows that this is the only real coin with a big future....and knowing his past investment...he'll be back in a big way. Hope to convince him to go into MN's. ;)

I don't have many MN by any stretch of the imagination...but I'm working on it. He'll be back...i've been taunting him with my MN returns...and he gets it, as an old school BTC miner back in the day.

Its too bad nobody has made a fpga miner for X11, because I think it's too difficult to mine it gpu. Your better off buying and making a masternodes, I just worry about the security of the coin with a diminished hash rate.

People gotta do what they gotta do, eh? Dash will get more liquidity when things settle. I actually think all the advancements make people nervous. Still, we're consistently in the number 5 or 6 spot on coinmarketcap.com and to me, that means stability and strength. Liquidity will come soon enough.

BTW, I've got to say that with people (fulltimegeek being the latest) quitting their jobs to work on Dash full time, and other members putting up over 20,000 dollars to investin Dash just now, there is serious dedication to this project that simply makes me feel extremely secure and comfortable for Dash's future.

Its too bad nobody has made a fpga miner for X11, because I think it's too difficult to mine it gpu. Your better off buying and making a masternodes, I just worry about the security of the coin with a diminished hash rate.

Well, the good thing there is that there will be no security issues in Evolution for low miner count. The solution is so brilliant, using four age groups for each masternode quorum plus the hash numbers, I can't see any way to gain control over any transactions. This will be infinitely more secure than Bitcoin. And it enables instant transactions on all transactions, AND as many transactions per second as required, as it's completely scale-able. So don't worry about the hash rate. It's plenty high now, and in a couple of months it won't even matter anymore :)

Either way, this is why Dash has been the only coin I actually have HELD since the beginning. I mine ETH (even with IBM/Microsoft backing aside, I can't justify holding arm) and I simply use BTC as a transitional coin from crypto-fiat. It will be nice when BTC can be eliminated from that chain.

Let's not forget, the masternode network pays out better interest than any other interest bearing instrument I can think of right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed and I do the same thing with BTC, it's just to move from fiat to Dash. Still it's good to see that BTC seems to be floating well above the 300 dollar mark. I hope it stays there or does better from now on.

From what I'm gathering the banks want to do with blockchain tech, ethereum seems to cover that much better than bitcoin. The question I have then is what is the incentive to run an ethereum node? I don't believe there is any.

It's clear to me that people seem to forget how important the nodes are to the network, Evan gets this and hence why we have nearly half the network size of bitcoin, which keeps dropping everyday and the average user can't afford to run.

We have way more than half of Bitcoin's full node network size :) And yah, I was just reading on CCN about Visa implementing "blockchain tech" in the next 2 months and that they are currently testing it. now the article said they'd be using Bitcoin, but in a vague way. I want to know if they mean Bitcoin technology or Bitcoin itself. I think the NEED to use Bitcoin itself to make it secure. I can't see how they'd do it otherwise.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/vis...-using-block-chain-improve-global-remittance/
Visa Europe Collab, the global hub for Visa Europe International, and Epiphyte, provider of a block-chain-based software as a solution (SaaS) for immediate financial transactions, are combining their expertise to develop a more efficient global remittance service they told CCN in an email. The companies are working on a proof-of-concept to use bitcoin and block chain capabilities to make remittance services more efficient and easier to use. Epiphyte specializes in distributed ledger solutions for the mainstream financial market. The proof of concept is scheduled for completion in the next two months.

I would think DASH fits this need perfectly. The flaw of Bitcoin is trying to get it to do things it can't truly handle, and think about the consensus headache. Doing this at the protocol level makes so much more sense.

If Visa or anyone wants a blockchain that can handle their load, they should start considering Dash. Because we can do it, and we're happy to take their fee payments :)

All I can say is... "Thanks for the inexpensive Dash!" :-D

Now that I have a (still in development) Dash iPhone wallet (aka Dashwallet), it is **WAY** to easy to sell bitcoin from Breadwallet into the Dashwallet. The Shapeshift iPhone app is just too cool, too.

Releasing an iPhone Dash wallet should open up lots of opportunities to really using Dash like digital cash.

The security is fine, a few gigahash is ample, high hash rates are overrated - as long as its distributed is whats matters.
FPGA aint necessarily a good thing for masternode holders because the hash rate/difficulty will be pushed high so the block reward will always be at a minimum, atm there are spurious payments of 2.5-4 Dash although its getting rare because people like genesis mining are pushing the hash rate higher through their optimizations.

I had a eureka moment last night. I was reading the old classic "Barbarians at the Gates" about the RJR Nabisco takeover in the 80s, and reflected on how often companies obsess over their stock value. Compare that to one of the most successful investors of all time, Warren Buffet, who buys quality companies that are run well and doesn't worry about short-term fluctuations in price. All he cares about is the company's book value, profits, management team, and future. He realizes that the stock price will go up on it's own, in the long term, with good management.

So many companies are obsessed with stock price and ultimately compromise their long-term potential by focusing on short-term increases to their share value. I realized as I was reading that worrying about the price of Dash is like worrying about the short-term movements in Apple stock. If you are confident that it has a solid team and a solid future, you buy it, you hold it, and in your designated long-term timeframe (5, 10, 15 years or longer), you sell it at a profit. Or you keep holding it and earning dividends (MN payments). Focusing on the price of Dash today is a short-sighted fool's errand. The "management" team is improving our technology and increasing our PR exposure, and time will ultimately show our true value.

That's why i didn't get excited back in March when we shot up to 0.0245 BTC/DASH. I knew that there was no way, at this early point, that we would achieve anywhere close to the value that we will have in five years. Personally, I would not dispose of my DASH for anything less than $100 each, unless I was selling on a spike to buy back lower. But to permanently sell? Hell no.

I had a eureka moment last night. I was reading the old classic "Barbarians at the Gates" about the RJR Nabisco takeover in the 80s, and reflected on how often companies obsess over their stock value. Compare that to one of the most successful investors of all time, Warren Buffet, who buys quality companies that are run well and doesn't worry about short-term fluctuations in price. All he cares about is the company's book value, profits, management team, and future. He realizes that the stock price will go up on it's own, in the long term, with good management.

So many companies are obsessed with stock price and ultimately compromise their long-term potential by focusing on short-term increases to their share value. I realized as I was reading that worrying about the price of Dash is like worrying about the short-term movements in Apple stock. If you are confident that it has a solid team and a solid future, you buy it, you hold it, and in your designated long-term timeframe (5, 10, 15 years or longer), you sell it at a profit. Or you keep holding it and earning dividends (MN payments). Focusing on the price of Dash today is a short-sighted fool's errand. The "management" team is improving our technology and increasing our PR exposure, and time will ultimately show our true value.

That's why i didn't get excited back in March when we shot up to 0.0245 BTC/DASH. I knew that there was no way, at this early point, that we would achieve anywhere close to the value that we will have in five years. Personally, I would not dispose of my DASH for anything less than $100 each, unless I was selling on a spike to buy back lower. But to permanently sell? Hell no.
I totally agree, and posted the same on BCT a while back.

Back