• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

At this point one has to acknowledge that buying DASH is throwing money away.

I can understand how he feels. This has been a frustrating last couple of weeks, and I've been investing in this since February 2014. It kills me to see a coin with the mega development going on but nobody seems to be noticing it. The fudsters are playing BCT heavily, they fill up entire pages as of right now. It feels like someone is trying to put downward pressure on it.

I'm not much of an investor, and I haven't a clue how to do technical analysis on a chart.

I do know this though:
a) We are the most innovative and advanced crypto-currency in the world, and with Evan's plans I don't see that changing
b) Crypto-currency has significant potential use-scenarios (instant, low-fee transfers for instance)
c) Dash's marketcap is around $13 million, while there are some seriously worthless (or at least sketchy) internet companies valued in the billions

Don't invest more than you can afford to lose, but don't expect the market to always be rational, either. Several well-known investors lost their entire fortune by betting against the housing bubble...too soon. Shorting the housing market in 2007 bankrupted you; shorting it in 2008 made you a million/billionaire. Markets are irrational.

The main problem I see right now is Dash has 0 adoption. You can't spend it anywhere to buy anything worth buying. (except for wine apparently) So technically it has no point until we can find adoption. The question we should ask ourselves is why is there is no adoption and how do we fix this? We need merchants to accept Dash, how do we get them to accept Dash?

With adoption will come demand and growth

Does anyone know any merchants interested in expanding their ecommerce? That should be an easy way to sell it.

Lets pay them from the funding mechanism to do it. So no cost to them and they expand their customer base.

Ideally merchants that sell everyday use items as a priority. Grocery stores, corner stores, friends who have businesses, lawyers... heck there is a lawyer on the Dash Foundation right, would he accept Dash for his services? We need this kind of adoption.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is no adoption, frankly, because there is so much innovation. The team might be gun shy about pushing anyone to adopt Dash when they have so many ideas they want to implement, and the more people adopting Dash means more people we have to push to update, especially with whatever we have coming up in January. Will it be hard for merchants to update, and if it is, will that be the last straw? You know, they're not techy, they're business people.

So we have this frustrating position. We thought we were all settled with all our major innovations working, and at this time we were planing on a big marketing and adoption campaign. Instead, Evan apparently comes up with the holy grail. Do we hold off (again) for the holy grail? Or market what we've got, taking the chance that the big push to update doesn't kill Dash, and that the marketing campaign actually works (as our audience may not want to dip their toes in with so much in the air?) I have NO idea. I am struggling with my husband's self published book without a budget, and it's going nowhere fast as well. So I'd LOVE to know the answer!

I like that idea, r-ando! Offer some facebook, Dashtalk, posts in the Bitcointalk thread, and tweats. How about getting companies to sponsor Dash at the conference. We could put their logos on the presentation, or something if it isn't against the rules? First or last slides, who is adopting Dash?

Maybe a handout, only a little more professional than Monero's please LOL

Adoption should be separate from development of future technology. This is supposed to be a currency, it needs to be used as a currency not as a maybe currency for the future used to create technological developments. Technological developments and the currency should go side by side.

First there was iTunes, now Dashtunes.
Come on, lets crowd fund buying the rights to every new music track released and then users have to buy each track with Dash.
Global in an instant!:what:

The main problem I see right now is Dash has 0 adoption. You can't spend it anywhere to buy anything worth buying. (except for wine apparently) So technically it has no point until we can find adoption. The question we should ask ourselves is why is there is no adoption and how do we fix this? We need merchants to accept Dash, how do we get them to accept Dash?

With adoption will come demand and growth

Does anyone know any merchants interested in expanding their ecommerce? That should be an easy way to sell it.

Lets pay them from the funding mechanism to do it. So no cost to them and they expand their customer base.

Ideally merchants that sell everyday use items as a priority. Grocery stores, corner stores, friends who have businesses, lawyers... heck there is a lawyer on the Dash Foundation right, would he accept Dash for his services? We need this kind of adoption.

You can use dash on 2 darknet markets. (im not sure how much its being used however)

Adoption doesn't generate demand and growth. Demand and growth generates adoption.
Kinda but not really.

Everyone wants to be where the action is. Once something is out there be it some fashion trend, blockbuster movie, everyone will suddenly wanna be involved in some capacity and not be left out.

Also, do you know how women started smoking at a time when only men smoked because was considered disgraceful for women to smoke? Cigarette companies just paid famous actress to smoke and monkey see monkey do... you know how the story ended.

....I know a good friend of mine...and one of the original buyers that I brought on board has sold a substantial sum of DASH due to personal financial reasons. He has been doing so for a few weeks now, and not trying to dump on the system. I'll call him up and see if he is wishing to do off exchange trades. I'm tapped out post harvest at the winery, so I'm not able to absorb large amounts of coins. I'll look into it and get back to the group.

PS...I remember him saying around 10k DASH. Thinking about that ....its not really alot of DASH i guess considering the daily DASH volume.

....I know a good friend of mine...and one of the original buyers that I brought on board has sold a substantial sum of DASH due to personal financial reasons. He has been doing so for a few weeks now, and not trying to dump on the system. I'll call him up and see if he is wishing to do off exchange trades. I'm tapped out post harvest at the winery, so I'm not able to absorb large amounts of coins. I'll look into it and get back to the group.

PS...I remember him saying around 10k DASH. Thinking about that ....its not really alot of DASH i guess considering the daily DASH volume.

yamada said he's looking to buy 10,000 Dash... maybe he and your friend could make a trade:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/so-what-is-the-exchange-with-the-most-volume-right-now.6481/

ETH is going crazy up, which is good for me since I mine it. More DASH for me with the price being down

Back