• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Newcomer Introductory Video Release

Looks great!

***Nitpicking Alert*** :wink:

I'm sure most people wouldn't notice, but with the parts that have the D in a circle, the D is off-centered to the left.

o3DFTTj.png

Wow! Better then I could have imagined -- really excellent work guys. Shared on FB

Dash is truly fungible, when I first heard the term "Fungible" I thought it meant that it was fun (truly I have a childlike mind).
Bitcoin is not fungible = not fun, well that suited bitcoin.
After I looked up the meaning, I said to myself "ah, I get it now".

Great video, excellent introduction to Dash, directs the watcher to dashpay.io, and the landing page is neat and professional.
Well worth the wait:grin:

lol!

I have read some comments about the video on the Polish Bitcoin forum. Some of them are positive, some are negative.
The negatives are interesting - majority of them say something like this:"Mediocre video. If you put Bitcoin instead of Dash, it will be the same".
This is simply great - they already compare us to Bitcoin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read some comments about the video on the Polish Bitcoin forum. Some of them are positive, some are negative.
The negatives are interesting - majority of them say something like this:"Mediocre video. If you put Bitcoin instead of Dash, it will be the same".

Except that Bitcoin is neither private nor instant!! lol

Can i please get some tips and links for Posting this video around

please post your favourite/ good:
subreddits, BCT pages, Tech pages, YT channells, FB Groups, IT Magazines, FinTech Chats, Finance Groups ....
tx

That was hot sex in an elevator with a foreign girl who couldn't tell me her name even if I were fool enough to ask...

I'm slightly concerned that it was too simplistic... Will there be more videos coming that give us some more details on how DS and IX and MNs pull off this excellentness?

That was hot sex in an elevator with a foreign girl who couldn't tell me her name even if I were fool enough to ask...

I'm slightly concerned that it was too simplistic... Will there be more videos coming that give us some more details on how DS and IX and MNs pull off this excellentness?

Yes
more videos coming
as this was the Beginner/Newcomer Version the next will be more advanced

As you remember how long the last one took(hopefully the next is faster)
do not hold your breath

Edit:
1st step, we are waiting for confirmation from evan that the Tech from now will stay (for X period) otherwise there is no point in doing a video about it

Yes
more videos coming
as this was the Beginner/Newcomer Version the next will be more advanced

As you remember how long the last one took(hopefully the next is faster)
do not hold your breath

Edit:
1st step, we are waiting for confirmation from evan that the Tech from now will stay (for X period) otherwise there is no point in doing a video about it
If you don't get super crazy with the explanations, even some changes won't make a difference.

"Masternodes are dedicated servers that get paid to facilitate denomination/mixing and instant transactions." Or whatever such... A visual of denominating, mixing, and locking TXes... Not a real technical thing, just a little more explanation. Only a complete fool takes an ad at face value. Even if the methodologies change a bit, the concept will still be the same.

When I watched the video, I was left saying in my head "Sure, everyone says they're great, how do you accomplish these things? Doesn't BTC already do this?"

I like the absence of background music.

I have to agree with you, unfortunately. While "Bitcoin is neither private nor instant," as David said above, most people don't really KNOW that.

Most people do NOT understand that Bitcoin is not private, and they don't understand WHY it is not private; furthermore, they do NOT know what it is about Dash which DOES make it private.

The same thing goes for "instant."

When I explain Dash to people I typically say things like:

Whereas Bitcoin transactions are recorded in a way which can easily be tracked and quite often allows the senders and receivers to be discovered, Dash can be sent using "Darksend:" a special feature unique to Dash which automatically encrypts transactions so that they are impossible to track -- making Dash the first truly anonymous digital currency.

Whereas Bitcoin transactions typically take about 10 minutes for one "confirmation" and 6 confirmations for a transaction to be considered complete (for a total of about one hour per transactions) Dash transactions can be sent using "InstantX:" a special feature unique to Dash which completes transactions in just a few seconds, even faster than using a credit card! This makes Dash the first truly instant digital currency.

So, while Dash has some features in common with Bitcoin, Dash is the first truly private and instantaneous digital currency, and therefore the first digital currency suitable for serious real-world use and global adoption.​

I might be tempted to follow all of that up with something like "Dash to the Moon!" but I am usually able to hold myself back -- just barely lol!

But seriously, I think it is IMPORTANT to make these SPECIFIC distinctions between Bitcoin and Dash. Otherwise, Dash just seems like another altcoin vying for some attention, when the reality is that Dash is really, as I said above, the first digital currency suitable for serious real-world use and global adoption.

I do commend the makers of the video, but I do think some SERIOUS consideration should be given to what kot and I have said. Perhaps the video could be edited to reflect this, before its official release.

I have to agree with you, unfortunately. While "Bitcoin is neither private nor instant," as David said above, most people don't really KNOW that.

Most people do NOT understand that Bitcoin is not private, and they don't understand WHY it is not private; furthermore, they do NOT know what it is about Dash which DOES make it private.

The same thing goes for "instant."

When I explain Dash to people I typically say things like:

Whereas Bitcoin transactions are recorded in a way which can easily be tracked and quite often allows the senders and receivers to be discovered, Dash can be sent using "Darksend:" a special feature unique to Dash which automatically encrypts transactions so that they are impossible to track -- making Dash the first truly anonymous digital currency.

Whereas Bitcoin transactions typically take about 10 minutes for one "confirmation" and 6 confirmations for a transaction to be considered complete (for a total of about one hour per transactions) Dash transactions can be sent using "InstantX:" a special feature unique to Dash which completes transactions in just a few seconds, even faster than using a credit card! This makes Dash the first truly instant digital currency.

So, while Dash has some features in common with Bitcoin, Dash is the first truly private and instantaneous digital currency, and therefore the first digital currency suitable for serious real-world use and global adoption.​

I might be tempted to follow all of that up with something like "Dash to the Moon!" but I am usually able to hold myself back -- just barely lol!

But seriously, I think it is IMPORTANT to make these SPECIFIC distinctions between Bitcoin and Dash. Otherwise, Dash just seems like another altcoin vying for some attention, when the reality is that Dash is really, as I said above, the first digital currency suitable for serious real-world use and global adoption.

I do commend the makers of the video, but I do think some SERIOUS consideration should be given to what kot and I have said. Perhaps the video could be edited to reflect this, before its official release.

This video is already officially released since a week,
sorry but no edits are planned for this.

This video is already officially released since a week,
sorry but no edits are planned for this.
Ah...I have been really busy lately and did not realize. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully future videos or other PR will reflect these considerations.

a special feature unique to Dash which automatically encrypts transactions so that they are impossible to track
Actually, DASH doesn't encrypt. Encryption always carries the potential to be broken or outpaced by Moore's Law.

DASH denominates into a few uniform increments and shuffles it in plain view.

Kinda like a deck of cards with only 4 different cards (52 aces of random suit), being shuffled with everyone else's cards, up to 8 times in a row.

You'll never know where that quarter came from. You put in one quarter, you get a quarter back. Which one? Who's? Do you care? Good thing you don't cuz there's no way you're ever going to figure it out. Privacy in plain view; without the massive chain bloat of a potentially compromise-able trusted cipher.

If you really want to see why encrypting transactions is a double plus ungood idea, you have only to look at the cryptonote coins which will not be named here. Encryption can be broken by two potential vectors (one of which is an eventual certainty, not a maybe), you have to trust them and the dev... The point is to be trust-less and future-proof, and a ciphered TX coin fails on both of those, and a few other points... Even if that were not a problem, the extraordinarily exponential chain bloat would accelerate to the point of bandwidth saturation attempting to sync, and hard dive eclipse if it were ever to gain adoption. To say it another way, the huge amount of bandwidth it would take to sync the obnoxiously huge and always getting worse blockchain would collapse the network. It's already on the verge and barely anyone uses it, thanks to the neckbeards-only interface... Not to mention, nowhere to store the huge damn thing if you could even afford that much pipe... It would instantly collapse under the weight of it's own never-going-to-happen success. Lets not go off on a tangent about a mutli-pronged failure that DASH doesn't use. ;-)

So looking forward to those whitepapers. Evan promises "solutions to all problems within crypto", and "Dash will be anonymous by default."

These things are huge, and will propel us toward our adoption goals in a hurry...

Actually, DASH doesn't encrypt. Encryption always carries the potential to be broken or outpaced by Moore's Law.

DASH denominates into a few uniform increments and shuffles it in plain view.

Kinda like a deck of cards with only 4 different cards (52 aces of random suit), being shuffled with everyone else's cards, up to 8 times in a row.

You'll never know where that quarter came from. You put in one quarter, you get a quarter back. Which one? Who's? Do you care? Good thing you don't cuz there's no way you're ever going to figure it out. Privacy in plain view; without the massive chain bloat of a potentially compromise-able trusted cipher.

If you really want to see why encrypting transactions is a double plus ungood idea, you have only to look at the cryptonote coins which will not be named here. Encryption can be broken by two potential vectors (one of which is an eventual certainty, not a maybe), you have to trust them and the dev... The point is to be trust-less and future-proof, and a ciphered TX coin fails on both of those, and a few other points... Even if that were not a problem, the extraordinarily exponential chain bloat would accelerate to the point of bandwidth saturation attempting to sync, and hard dive eclipse if it were ever to gain adoption. To say it another way, the huge amount of bandwidth it would take to sync the obnoxiously huge and always getting worse blockchain would collapse the network. It's already on the verge and barely anyone uses it, thanks to the neckbeards-only interface... Not to mention, nowhere to store the huge damn thing if you could even afford that much pipe... It would instantly collapse under the weight of it's own never-going-to-happen success. Lets not go off on a tangent about a mutli-pronged failure that DASH doesn't use. ;-)
I thank you for the correction! Now I just need a REALLY easy way to explain that to others in a short simple way!

I thank you for the correction! Now I just need a REALLY easy way to explain that to others in a short simple way!
I usually use a cash register analogy (because denomination and mixing occurs in cash registers exactly the same way that DASH does it):

Where did all the quarters in that cash register's drawer come from? Trade every bill and every coin with another cash register drawer. Do that 8 times. Who's $20 bill is who's? Was that $50 bill used to buy cocaine at some point? Do you care if the $1 bill you got back was the same one you put in?

$1 is $1, right? Being equivalent denominations is key to being able to privatize it in plain view. All your $1 bills go into a big pile (a masternode) and get mized up with everyone else's $1 bills. Then, you get back the same number of them that you put in. Do that 8 times in a row...

It really is exactly like cash, but without the guvthugs or banksters in the middle, spying, charging fees, seizing accounts, printing the value out of it with intentional inflation, identifying transactions to impose their feelings about what's good and bad product/service/commerce, etc...

Of course, the sheeple always bring up "but internet crime money!" To which I say "Because nobody ever bought drugs or a hooker with dollars? Or even their Credit Card?"

Crime is only a thing the govthugs want to keep to themselves... I'd rather legalize prostitution for women who want to live off of their bodies than see fake marriages and unloved kids just to get a check from the government, wouldn't you? But that's how the government makes prostitution illegal, yet inserts itself as the way to be a prostitute legally... Nothing is sacred to those bastards, not even a child's formative years. They just don't care so long as they create a monopoly for themselves, and throw everyone who infringes on their monopoly in prison. That's all laws and crime really are... Government is nothing but a big, arbitrary bunch of assholes that capriciously declare themselves the boss of you.

Prescription drugs are no different... Bullshit, all of it. A large amount of government persecution comes from being able to trace it's own money. What do you thin this AML/KYC shit is all about? Pure fucking evil...

I digress, as usual...

I usually use a cash register analogy (because denomination and mixing occurs in cash registers exactly the same way that DASH does it):

Where did all the quarters in that cash register's drawer come from? Trade every bill and every coin with another cash register drawer. Do that 8 times. Who's $20 bill is who's? Was that $50 bill used to buy cocaine at some point? Do you care if the $1 bill you got back was the same one you put in?

$1 is $1, right? Being equivalent denominations is key to being able to privatize it in plain view. All your $1 bills go into a big pile (a masternode) and get mized up with everyone else's $1 bills. Then, you get back the same number of them that you put in. Do that 8 times in a row...

It really is exactly like cash, but without the guvthugs or banksters in the middle, spying, charging fees, seizing accounts, printing the value out of it with intentional inflation, identifying transactions to impose their feelings about what's good and bad product/service/commerce, etc...

Of course, the sheeple always bring up "but internet crime money!" To which I say "Because nobody ever bought drugs or a hooker with dollars? Or even their Credit Card?"

Crime is only a thing the govthugs want to keep to themselves... I'd rather legalize prostitution for women who want to live off of their bodies than see fake marriages and unloved kids just to get a check from the government, wouldn't you? But that's how the government makes prostitution illegal, yet inserts itself as the way to be a prostitute legally... Nothing is sacred to those bastards, not even a child's formative years. They just don't care so long as they create a monopoly for themselves, and throw everyone who infringes on their monopoly in prison. That's all laws and crime really are... Government is nothing but a big, arbitrary bunch of assholes that capriciously declare themselves the boss of you.

Prescription drugs are no different... Bullshit, all of it. A large amount of government persecution comes from being able to trace it's own money. What do you thin this AML/KYC shit is all about? Pure fucking evil...

I digress, as usual...
I like the cash register analogy....and I thoroughly enjoyed the digression as well!

Back