• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

I guess what I'm asking in a round about way is how long does a node have to be DoS:ed for it to drop to the back of the queue.
Sorry, I don't know. I think around 50 minutes, and I'm not sure DDOSing will completely silence your node and de-register it.

I don't use ubuntu, but you should be able to double click it and choose: run in terminal...
Nope, I can't. It hasn't worked that way in a long time, and looks like the picture posted in that link (not like it used to look, diamond shaped executable) I'm wondering if my settings changed somehow, or if it's the compilation. I just don't know how to get it back to normal. I think an earlier version switched something in my setups (happened on both machines). Unless it looks like that to everyone and everyone is starting the qt wallet in a terminal or via a sh script.

Nope, I can't. It hasn't worked that way in a long time, and looks like the picture posted in that link (not like it used to look, diamond shaped executable) I'm wondering if my settings changed somehow, or if it's the compilation. I just don't know how to get it back to normal. I think an earlier version switched something in my setups (happened on both machines). Unless it looks like that to everyone and everyone is starting the qt wallet in a terminal or via a sh script.
try to set it as executable, i.e.: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vyc_rUSU6ac/UdratpZDCiI/AAAAAAAAC10/krSRAiRw4Jo/s1600/0028.png

I guess ubuntu deactivate this option for untrusted software by default.

Well I think I like the new payment system.
I receive a lot of payment this last 24 hours. :cool::grin:

And really like the "fast upgrade" incentive. As lot of time people says : "will wait I should have a payment soon. Or will wait for stable version etc..etc.."

EDIT : the column "Last Paid" from https://dashninja.pl didn't working properly anymore ?! :oops:

I guess what I'm asking in a round about way is how long does a node have to be DoS:ed for it to drop to the back of the queue.

PoSe is disabled, we're going to implement it in a different way in the future. So it won't ever be dropped to the back of the queue.

Hello!
I would suggest that you return to the previous structure of tar, when the file and the folder is called in the same way (Its better for updaters script)

Actually, the new structure reduces the commands needed to update. You don't have to remove the old dash-0.12.0 directory before you update. When you download it overwrites the old files. This script will get you updated in 6 minutes. I put a 5 minute wait on the download since it can take 30 seconds or 5 minutes to download.
wget https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.12.0.46-linux64.tar.gz -O - | tar -xz
sleep 300
./dash-cli stop
sleep 30
rm .dash/debug.log .dash/peers.dat .dash/mncache.dat
cp dash-0.12.0/bin/dashd ~/
cp dash-0.12.0/bin/dash-cli ~/
./dashd
sleep 30
./dash-cli getinfo

Actually, the new structure reduces the commands needed to update. You don't have to remove the old dash-0.12.0 directory before you update. When you download it overwrites the old files. This script will get you updated in 6 minutes. I put a 5 minute wait on the download since it can take 30 seconds or 5 minutes to download.
wget https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.12.0.46-linux64.tar.gz -O - | tar -xz
sleep 300
./dash-cli stop
sleep 30
rm .dash/debug.log .dash/peers.dat .dash/mncache.dat
cp dash-0.12.0/bin/dashd ~/
cp dash-0.12.0/bin/dash-cli ~/
./dashd
sleep 30
./dash-cli getinfo
why this sleep commands? Use in your script && and \ instead: http://pastebin.com/sb0BRvbv

New Payment Logic
The network prefers to pay people that are not subject to this penalty, meaning that when we upgrade the first nodes to upgrade will get substantial rewards when SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES gets activated due to the small amount of qualifying nodes. Over time the rest of the network will also qualify for payment and the payment period will extend until it is normal again. This is our new "fast upgrade" incentive system, the faster you upgrade the more you get :wink:
Wow 37% updated already. I would say this incentive model works! Great idea.

Even if I randomly execute the: <masternode start> command on cold-side?
I understand that if the randomly execute masternode start command on cold-side successfully and the command broadcast to network, your masternode will be push to the back of queue.

In fact it seems that "Last Paid" of dashninja work, though not because only 2 MN had been paid and more than once:
One of my MN receive 4 payments today. Is it normal? (I'm not complaining :rolleyes:...)
And another 2 payments today.

Wow 37% updated already. I would say this incentive model works! Great idea.

Well it's 37% of the 103 protocol as the site didn't list old version anymore. (And are not been paid anymore :eek:)

So it's 37% of the ~1800 Active (Upgraded) MN.

In fact it seems that "Last Paid" of dashninja work, though not because only 2 MN had been paid and more than once:
One of my MN receive 4 payments today. Is it normal? (I'm not complaining :rolleyes:...)
And another 2 payments today.
it's good to see you're not complaining... :tongue:

Well it's 37% of the 103 protocol as the site didn't list old version anymore.

So it's 37% of the ~1800 Active (Upgraded) MN.
I was going to preface that with the latest protocol and ~1800 of the ~2800 nodes, but my complementary side won out over my engineering side.

It looks like I've gotten paid, but nothing came in. I probably landed on one of those blocks that guy mines without paying MNs.

Anyway, I just want to make sure; Does it matter if I left the donation address and percent on in the masternode.conf settings? I'm pretty sure I took them off, but I didn't save my edited conf files as I was lazy, so I can't check :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like I've gotten paid, but nothing came in. I probably landed on one of those blocks that guy mines without paying MNs.

Anyway, I just want to make sure; Does it matter if I left the donation address and percent on in the masternode.conf settings? I'm pretty sure I took them off, but I didn't save my edited conf files as I was lazy, so I can't check :(
Hmm... interesting, I'll look into that soon as I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I threw this at Evan but maybe you guys can explain....

When I run: dash-cli masternode status

it shows me a DASH Address that I do not recognize - can anybody explain this?
[help]

Back