• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wallet too big?

Sapereaude

Foundation Member
I've been doing a lot of darksend lately and my wallet has just hit 4mb, so I am wondering if I should just send it all to a new wallet now or at what size should I consider moving to a new wallet?

Wallet too big?

That happens when there's too much Dash in it. Just send some over here and you'll be fine :grin:

[ when my wallet got unresponsive due extensive Darksend mixing I created a new(!) receiving address and sent everything (via Coin-Control) to that single address. Seems to work so far ]

That happens when there's too much Dash in it. Just send some over here and you'll be fine :grin:

[ when my wallet got unresponsive due extensive Darksend mixing I created a new(!) receiving address and sent everything (via Coin-Control) to that single address. Seems to work so far ]

But if you do that, you need to remix the coins all over again. This is something to consider, wallet bloat/unresponsiveness can really be a big pain for many out there. Not only DS, but high volume tx wallets. It has been getting better on each release though...

But if you do that, you need to remix the coins all over again. This is something to consider, wallet bloat/unresponsiveness can really be a big pain for many out there. Not only DS, but high volume tx wallets. It has been getting better on each release though...
If you DS your coins initially and sent them to a fresh address belonging to you, there is still no way to causally link you to your previous addresses since prior to that tx, it's all DS inputs.

If you DS your coins initially and sent them to a fresh address belonging to you, there is still no way to causally link you to your previous addresses since prior to that tx, it's all DS inputs.

Sure, but I'm not talking about covering your tracks, but to make an subsequent private tx. When you spend DS, they are un-privatized and clear again.

Sure, but I'm not talking about covering your tracks, but to make an subsequent private tx. When you spend DS, they are un-privatized and clear again.
Point being, even if you sent a non-ds tx from the new address you sent all your ds coins from, it's still private unless you've disclosed that as your address. It would show up in the blockchain like a normal, non-anon tx, but for all intensive purposes, that address just links to a ton of ds inputs. I understand what you are saying that there would no longer be a ds balance though.

Point being, even if you sent a non-ds tx from the new address you sent all your ds coins from, it's still private unless you've disclosed that as your address. It would show up in the blockchain like a normal, non-anon tx, but for all intensive purposes, that address just links to a ton of ds inputs. I understand what you are saying that there would no longer be a ds balance though.

Thats it, nothing more. Just for reference for the future, so people don't hit this thread thinking that once you mix DS, its basically anonymous, which is not the case.

For example, you may want to support Snowden with a donation. After you mixed DS, covering your tx ID history, you consolidate your denominations into one address, and send a donation to Snowden. Obama get pissed and flags the address. One week later you completely forgot about this, and buy a USB stick through an online vendor. Alarms rings in the Oval Office, they subpoena the online vendor, your ID is revealed and you get busted.

So the point is, if you donate to Snowden, be sure to use DS funds. :grin:

Back