• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Stratum-pool vardiff config

xornemisis

Hi All,

I have setup a new darkcoin mining pool. However, I need assistance with setting the min and max vardiff. I am testing the pool in maintenance mode with 2MB.

Here is the current config.py in the stratum settings.

# ******************** Pool Difficulty Settings *********************
VDIFF_X2_TYPE = True # Powers of 2 e.g. 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024
VDIFF_FLOAT = False # Use float difficulty

# Pool Target (Base Difficulty)
POOL_TARGET = 0.001 # Pool-wide difficulty target int >= 1

# Variable Difficulty Enable
VARIABLE_DIFF = True # Master variable difficulty enable

# Variable diff tuning variables
#VARDIFF will start at the POOL_TARGET. It can go as low as the VDIFF_MIN and as high as min(VDIFF_MAX or coindaemons difficulty)
USE_COINDAEMON_DIFF = False # Set the maximum difficulty to the coindaemon difficulty.
DIFF_UPDATE_FREQUENCY = 86400 # How often to check coindaemon difficulty. Should be less than coin difficulty retarget time
VDIFF_MIN_TARGET = 0.001 # Minimum target difficulty
VDIFF_MAX_TARGET = 1 # Maximum target difficulty

VDIFF_TARGET_TIME = 15 # Target time per share (i.e. try to get 1 share per this many seconds)
VDIFF_RETARGET_TIME = 120 # How often the miners difficulty changes if appropriate
VDIFF_VARIANCE_PERCENT = 30 # Allow average time to very this % from target without retarget

Any help would be most appreciated.

hey!

Ok I have now setup the below config as per requested.

# Pool Target (Base Difficulty)
POOL_TARGET = 0.010 # Pool-wide difficulty target int >= 1

# Variable Difficulty Enable
VARIABLE_DIFF = True # Master variable difficulty enable

# Variable diff tuning variables
#VARDIFF will start at the POOL_TARGET. It can go as low as the VDIFF_MIN and as high as min(VDIFF_MAX or coindaemons difficulty)
USE_COINDAEMON_DIFF = False # Set the maximum difficulty to the coindaemon difficulty.
DIFF_UPDATE_FREQUENCY = 86400 # How often to check coindaemon difficulty. Should be less than coin difficulty retarget time
VDIFF_MIN_TARGET = 0.007 # Minimum target difficulty
VDIFF_MAX_TARGET = 0.01 # Maximum target difficulty

VDIFF_TARGET_TIME = 15 # Target time per share (i.e. try to get 1 share per this many seconds)
VDIFF_RETARGET_TIME = 120 # How often the miners difficulty changes if appropriate
VDIFF_VARIANCE_PERCENT = 30 # Allow average time to very this % from target without retarget

Here are the results in the pool status after mining. It appears the 2MB hash is displayed as 9.4 - 10 KH/s.

We are still not quite there any thoughts?

mining_stats.jpg

Not thinking it is varDiff... Shares are not being multiplied by 256 by the pool server so that MPOS can display the proper Hashrate?

From NOMP MPOS config:

"mposDiffMultiplier": 256, //only for x11 coins in mpos mode, set to 256

For the python stratum mining pool server (you are using,) am not sure. Have you set both pool server and MPOS configs for x11 algo?

Looks like your miner hashrate is 256x more that what MPOS is displaying...

Since you are using stratum-mining I would invite you to setup NOMP and to enable the x11 diff multiplier.

Stratum-mining is deprecated and never worked well with X11 for me and you would need to modify it to multiply the shares at the python-stratum levell; you'd be much better off with NOMP.

Back