• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.1.x InstantX Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to have a new symbol or something (even just a differently coloured tick, maybe in regulation #3398cc?) so there's an obvious and immediate visual sign of IX awesomeness at both sender and receiver ends. Or an 'IX Successful!' message in the status bar.

edit: what about a doubletick?
IX2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see a way to perform an IX without using the GUI, and it's not listed in the commandline help. Did I overlook something?
under 'send' ,its bottom right hand side, make sure you have a version from this thread, about 2 pages ago otherwise its shaded out.

The linux version has the daemon, i think you can do IX by using the daemon, but the windows version doesn't have the daemon for now.

I have been building only the CLI programs since I don't have a Qt build environment setup, so if you could double-check if it's possible i'd appreciate it.

I didn't see a way to perform an IX without using the GUI, and it's not listed in the commandline help. Did I overlook something?
Can't see anything. There's a darksend option but nothing for IX. Would definitely like an IX command to be there.

Could you explain this again in numbers. I'm not sure what you mean by "input rounds". And I guess "input amount" means the total coins in the wallet?
Thanks! :)
np, I'l give an extended explanation :)
Basically inputs is what you see when you open coin control in "List mode". Each line is an input. Now look for "Amount" and "Darksend Rounds" columns - that's what counted in progress formula. So line by line for every denominated input (the one that have "Darksend Rounds" >= 0) wallet takes "Amount", multiplies it by "Darksend Rounds" and add the result to some variable to store the sum of it all. Once it's done wallet divide it by number of rounds from settings and by sum of amounts of all denominated inputs (i.e. denominated balance). That's "denomination part" of progress.

Few more notes:
- "darkcoins to keep anonymized" is what you set in setting or your total balance if your balance is lower.
- "denomination part" is cut down to 1 at the end
- if "anonymization part" is greater then 1 then we count "denomination part" as 1 too

So for example, you set to mix 80 DRK by 4 rounds. Let's say you have 5 lines of 0.1d DRK (by "d" i mean there is a tail of 000100 and such) 2 rounds each, 6 lines of 1d DRK 3 rounds each, 7 lines of 10d DRK 4 rounds each and another 3 lines of 10d DRK 0 rounds (denominated but not mixed yet).

I'll quote myself to have formulas here:
1) denomination part: ( sum of all ("input amount" x "input rounds" ) ) divided by ( "number of rounds you want to mix" x "funds that are represented by denominated amounts")
2) anonymization part: "darksend balance" divided by "darkcoins to keep anonymized"
Total progress is #1 * 80 + #2 * 20

And calculations will look smth like this:

1) denomination part:
( sum of all ("input amount" x "input rounds" ) ) = 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10*0 + 10*0 + 10*0 = 299
"number of rounds you want to mix" = 4
"funds that are represented by denominated amounts" = sum of amounts of all denominated inputs (i.e. denominated balance) = 0.1*5 + 1*6 + 10*(7+3) = 106.5
( "number of rounds you want to mix" x "funds that are represented by denominated amounts") = 4 * 106.5 = 426
So "denomination part" = 299 / 426 = 0.7018779343 (it's lower than 1 so we are fine as it is, )

2) anonymization part:
"darksend balance" = 10*7 = 70
"darkcoins to keep anonymized" = 80
So "anonymization part" = 70 / 80 = 0.875

Now the total progress is calculated using weights coefficients 80 for denomination part and 20 for anonymization part. These coefficients are taken from nowhere but a simple though that mixing usually take some time so giving it more weight should give smoother progress changes. Anyway, final step:
Total progress = 0.7018779343 * 80 + 0.875 * 20 = 73.6502347418 (or 73 as it's cut down to nearest integer)

And that's it (I hope I didn't mess up with numbers somewhere) :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the cost intended for IX? That's 1% of the transaction?!?!

HqT4X8.jpg

Oh, and it didn't work ;P no instant transaction. I suppose that's what Evan was talking about with IX issues. Finally, I second that there should be a visual on the send tab to show IX accepted the payment ;)

Is this the cost intended for IX? That's 1% of the transaction?!?!

HqT4X8.jpg

Oh, and it didn't work ;P no instant transaction. I suppose that's what Evan was talking about with IX issues. Finally, I second that there should be a visual on the send tab to show IX accepted the payment ;)

It's possible that your transaction size is large because you are using darksend...so the more inputs you have the larger the transaction size, the larger the fee. Gotta pay to be anonymous!

You live and you learn! This is how you become a better developer. Because next time you are going to think twice about it!
Yeah, but sometimes even twice is not enough you know :wink:
Ahh... No time to complain and those issues should be fixed now anyway so let's get back on topic! :smile: No new crashes? :confused::tongue::rolleyes:

np, I'l give an extended explanation :)
Basically inputs is what you see when you open coin control in "List mode". Each line is an input. Now look for "Amount" and "Darksend Rounds" columns - that's what counted in progress formula. So line by line for every denominated input (the one that have "Darksend Rounds" >= 0) wallet takes "Amount", multiplies it by "Darksend Rounds" and add the result to some variable to store the sum of it all. Once it's done wallet divide it by number of rounds from settings and by sum of amounts of all denominated inputs (i.e. denominated balance). That's "denomination part" of progress.

Few more notes:
- "darkcoins to keep anonymized" is what you set in setting or your total balance if your balance is lower.
- "denomination part" is cut down to 1 at the end
- if "anonymization part" is greater then 1 then we count "denomination part" as 1 too

So for example, you set to mix 80 DRK by 4 rounds. Let's say you have 5 lines of 0.1d DRK (by "d" i mean there is a tail of 000100 and such) 2 rounds each, 6 lines of 1d DRK 3 rounds each, 7 lines of 10d DRK 4 rounds each and another 3 lines of 10d DRK 0 rounds (denominated but not mixed yet).

I'll quote myself to have formulas here:

And calculations will look smth like this:

1) denomination part:
( sum of all ("input amount" x "input rounds" ) ) = 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 0.1*2 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 1*3 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10 *4 + 10*0 + 10*0 + 10*0 = 299
"number of rounds you want to mix" = 4
"funds that are represented by denominated amounts" = sum of amounts of all denominated inputs (i.e. denominated balance) = 0.1*5 + 1*6 + 10*(7+3) = 106.5
( "number of rounds you want to mix" x "funds that are represented by denominated amounts") = 4 * 106.5 = 426
So "denomination part" = 299 / 426 = 0.7018779343 (it's lower than 1 so we are fine as it is, )

2) anonymization part:
"darksend balance" = 10*7 = 70
"darkcoins to keep anonymized" = 80
So "anonymization part" = 70 / 80 = 0.875

Now the total progress is calculated using weights coefficients 80 for denomination part and 20 for anonymization part. These coefficients are taken from nowhere but a simple though that mixing usually take some time so giving it more weight should give smoother progress changes. Anyway, final step:
Total progress = 0.7018779343 * 80 + 0.875 * 20 = 73.6502347418 (or 73 as it's cut down to nearest integer)

And that's it (I hope I didn't mess up with numbers somewhere) :smile:
Thank you so much for this explanation!!! Totally love it. I like how you set the ratio 80/20 for denominations/anonymization. Is this also going to apply to the progress bar?

Thanks again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back