• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Some question about DRK Total issued and Daily production

dkdarkz

Hello guys , i just check today DRK amount , it shows that there was around 4.8Million DRK at the market.

But as i know that DarkCoin only will issue 2880DRK per day , how come there are 4.8M DRK in the market...

And i've calculated that from Jan/18 until today Dec/11 there were total 328Days

328Days X Daily Issue 2880DRK = 944968 DRK

It doesn't make sense... wish someone could explain this to me , thanks alot.

:DD

It all depends on Mining !
it is not 1 machine spitting out 2880DRK per day (not sure where you got that number from)
it is endless amounts of miners out there and there are more and less DRK per day.
Less back in Feb i imagine, and more now due to more people, miners and better hardware ...>

New coins generated in each block are a function of difficulty, which is a function of the amount of hashpower mining the coin. This means that in the beginning the reward per block was much higher because the difficulty was much lower (because less people were mining).

The function for the block reward is:
2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)

New coins generated in each block are a function of difficulty, which is a function of the amount of hashpower mining the coin. This means that in the beginning the reward per block was much higher because the difficulty was much lower (because less people were mining).

Tx fernando for stepping in, i knew somebody could explain that much more specific than me ....>
:cool:

Hi , 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2) calculation is per block ?

Hi , 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2) calculation is per block ?
That is correct.

The difficultly changes every block via Dark Gravity Wave (similar to Kimoto's Gravity Well).

Also that formula has a max of 25 coins and a min of 5 coins where the min is reduced by 7% every year (first reduction is this Janurary).

Back