• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"Masternode is Inactive" at the Dash Ninja

raganius

cryptoPag.com
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hi, one MN has been working fine for quite some time, but today it started becoming inactive. I restart it, but soon it goes back to inactivity.
2iqxzdy.jpg

When I query
dash-cli masternode status
it returns "masternode successfully started"

When I
list full | grep IP
it returns "ENABLED"

Is it a problem with the VPS?
11w39dx.jpg

I have downloaded and "updated again" the node at the vps before started. And had no error messages (I run sentinel.py and there's no message, as usual)

I wonder what is going on?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Have you updated sentinel to v1.3.0 ?

cd .dashcore
cd sentinel
git pull

Do you have a cronjob running on sentinel and dashd ?

crontab -e
Check for following lines at the end of the file :
(if not present then add them by choosing nano as your editor)

* * * * * cd ~/.dashcore/sentinel && ./venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py 2>&1 >> sentinel-cron.log
* * * * pidof dashd || ~/.dashcore/dashd

Press enter to make sure there is a blank line at the end of the file, then press Ctrl + X to close the editor and Y and Enter save the file.

Last edited:
Hi, qwizzie, thanks.

When I do the git pull at the sentinel I get the "Already up to date." as expected. Also, I've checked again, and crontab is set OK.

This is a new node (it was working fine until yesterday, even received payment), I have used the same steps I've always used with all the other nodes I have been working with, never having had this kind of trouble.

I am suspecting that this can be a problem caused by the VPS server - I use different VPS providers for each one of my nodes, and maybe this last one is finally one that is not delivering (?)... even though, it shouldn't be a problem, as I usually try to over dimension my nodes specs:
2cghevr.jpg

The response to dash-cli masternode status is always "Masternode successfully started"

I have restarted it locally about 3 times yesterday, it gets to "PRE-ENABLED", then to "ENABLED"... it is now (masternode list full) returning "ENABLED" from this same vps. But if I query it from a different node I get "NEW_START_REQUIRED..."

I think I've done everything correctly. That is weird :/ If I am not able to make it work, I think I will hire another vps instance at some other provider and give this node a new life somewhere else.

Has anyone had this kind of problem? Maybe you can help me figure out what is going on. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi, qwizzie, thanks.

When I do the git pull at the sentinel I get the "Already up to date." as expected. Also, I've checked again, and crontab is set OK.

This is a new node (it was working fine until yesterday, even received payment), I have used the same steps I've always used with all the other nodes I have been working with, never having had this kind of trouble.

I am suspecting that this can be a problem caused by the VPS server - I use different VPS providers for each one of my nodes, and maybe this last one is finally one that is not delivering (?)... even though, it shouldn't be a problem, as I usually try to over dimension my nodes specs:
2cghevr.jpg

The response to dash-cli masternode status is always "Masternode successfully started"

I have restarted it locally about 3 times yesterday, it gets to "PRE-ENABLED", then to "ENABLED"... it is now (masternode list full) returning "ENABLED" from this same vps. But if I query it from a different node I get "NEW_START_REQUIRED..."

I think I've done everything correctly. That is weird :/ If I am not able to make it work, I think I will hire another vps instance at some other provider and give this node a new life somewhere else.

Has anyone had this kind of problem? Maybe you can help me figure out what is going on. Thanks :)

Last thing you can try is stop your wallet (make sure its not restarting automatically), delete your mnchache.dat & peers.dat files inside your Dash installation directory and then restart your wallet (and enable automatic restart again).
For me this fixed a few false "NEW_START_REQUIRED" messages, due to a corrupt mnchache.dat file.

The weird thing though is that your dashninja is reporting a sentinel problem (sentinel ping expired) on dmn01 & dmn03.
Have you tried using dashninja from another machine (pc for example), to see if that gives different results ?
Looking at your screenshot its almost like dashninja.pl itself is not working correctly / not synced correctly to its deamons...

@udjinm6 : any advice ?

Last edited:
Thank you again, qwizzie :)

moocowmoo did his magic and the node is healthy again! It was caused by bad luck for this node during it's upgrade lol but now it is alive and running wel.

Thanks!

Back