• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Dash to revolutionise the acupuncture economy.

Libertant

Following on from this thread, here is a revised, non-PDF version of the proposal. Although based in London, all figures are in $ as most of our suppliers work in dollars. As previously mentioned, I have a full time job but will be full-time on AcuWiki in a couple of weeks, which will hugely accelerate growth. Our developer is currently paid in Dash and we will push for all suppliers to take Dash. We will also look for a more competitive OEM quote before submitting the proposal, so 120 should be an inflated figure. Comments, suggestions, criticisms all welcomed. Many thanks!

Dash proposal: AcuWiki.com
- Democratic Acupuncture -

TL;DR

Dollar-Shave Club for acupuncture ('Hot Spots'), built on Dash to democratise treatments.
10,000 face-to-face instant-send transactions to well-connected Londoners.
20,000 sponsored packets to spread the word of new Dash-exclusive acupuncture economy.
Sponsorship reach of +50 users/day and rising.

PREAMBLE

Hello! This proposal has been written for a while for investors but the penny dropped after seeing Ben Swann’s presentation at Anarchapulco this year. I realised how committed Dash is to free speech, decentralisation and doing good in the world. This aligns with our vision for acupuncture and if we can avoid all further dealings with banks and fiat, so much the better. Here is our proposal, enjoy!

INTRODUCTION

Company: AcuWiki Limited, https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10282516
Directors: Andrew Ridge, 38, https://www.linkedin.com/in/apridge/
Raj Dhonota, 42, http://www.rajdhonota.com

AcuWiki.com began life as DIYacu.com in 2010 as a pet project to make acupuncture less confusing: despite globalisation and a 5000-year pedigree, acupuncture & acupressure remain distrusted, esoteric and expensive in the West. In 2015 I received an angel investment to relaunch as AcuWiki.com. Our goals are:

1. To completely democratise and decentralise the acupuncture industry:
  2. To make self-administered press needles as common and accessible worldwide as aspirin.
  3. To be the Wikipedia of acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Organic traffic is increasing steadily and we are aiming for first page rankings for every single acupuncture point this year. For example, search ‘ST34 acupuncture point’ and we’re ~6 or ‘BL22 acupuncture point’ and we’re ~8. There are 361+ to try!

PROPOSAL

Building on this foundation we would like to achieve several major goals:

1. Develop a Dash-sponsored brand of press-needle called ‘Hot Spots’ that will facilitate mass popularity and, pending Evolution, regular repeat-purchases.

F4x4ZP2aZSr_fmlLJ3xW8VkwnF7srvf2lY9W9txRP_XabvNJUEE-mfznnhWl4DZo-sARi2LfKUxboqkgzlX58BopRXcKEuzzszIl7PavRllW0Ho8Iv7os6KjcCmytY5bt2urgyP6

Press needles are ~1.5mm inexpensive tacks, secured to mini-plasters and safe enough to self-apply. Their benefits are halfway between non-invasive acupressure and penetrative acupuncture, able to be worn for extended periods at a time. They are ubiquitous in other parts of the world, particularly in Japan, where they are manufactured by Seirin, amongst others. In the UK, although press needles are imported and sold in many Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) shops, they are largely unheard of amongst the general public.

2. Produce 10,000 packets of Hot Spots to give away at major travel hubs in London’s central business districts such as Canary Wharf and Liverpool Street stations. Each packet will contain a short explanation of Dash, and users will be individually walked through wallet setup and Instant-Sent 0.001 Dash.

3. Sponsorship of 10,000 further packets for sale on AcuWiki.com as well as the 361 acupuncture points pages. Again, each packet will contain a short explanation of Dash and instructions how to load onto the Dash Core wallet on all platforms.

4. Update the AcuWiki Store to ONLY accept Dash, not fiat or any other cryptocurrency.

5. A sponsored article on AcuWiki about the Dash cryptocurrency.

BENEFITS TO DASH

1. Press needles will be high frequency purchases, like aspirin and users will ONLY be able to purchase in Dash. This creates an entirely new, grass-roots decentralised economy of affordable, accessible acupuncture, free from jargon and cartel control that will be BUILT ON AND FOREVER ASSOCIATED with Dash.

2. The press needle packets will introduce at least 20,000, well-educated, well-connected Londoners to Dash and give them their first wallets.

3. Sponsorship of the Dash article and 361 acupoint pages will expose a growing number of worldwide users looking for accessible acupuncture to Dash. We currently get 40-50 organic users per day. Our top 10 locations for users are Chennai, Bangaluru, Melbourne, LA, Montreal, Sydney, New Delhi, Vancouver, Mumbai and Bucharest.

5jl5RdYHDKzxISFjS-9W3ulXB2_Pldz7ZR_Cm60hVUSBGshWveNspz3JEiiY1kSkJWcSzNmZ9GCq2FDybrw7_1S67T_PYNv03LL2LIoEBaodh16XMh5JKqZxwV9cY57BfiODb0Nk

DETAILS

Since the relaunch, the site has been entirely self-funded. Apart from these proposals, this will continue to be the case. Our current developer is and will continue to be paid in Dash. All suppliers are in place and we will push for them to be paid in Dash too. Any excess will be put into producing more Hot Spots.

1-3. Hot Spots: Design, production & legal $ 5000
Enclosed leaflet production $ 600
$3.50 x 20000 EOM packets $ 70000
0.001 DASH * 10000 $ 7000
Distribution x 20 days $ 2000
4. Store plugin: Development & implementation $ 500
5. Sponsored article: $ 0

TOTAL $ 84,100 = 120 Dash @ $700

COMMENTS FROM USERS ON LINKEDIN:

"Wow Andrew - that's fantastic! really good maps - must have taken you ages. Will you make a book/publish on line?" - David

"Beautiful!! If there were a way to go from the close up on the point in skeleton view to close up in muscle and skin view, that would be very good. It seems like the only way to get the to the close up on those levels is to go from the wide view and zoom in. And if there is any way to get a higher resolution when you zoom all the way in, so the dots and numbers are crisp. And if there is any way to combine channels on one image, like Deadman does in the back of his book, so that you could see the relationship of the points. And make them printable. I just took the CA state boards and would have LOVED a tool like this. Nice work!!" - Debra

"Really good! Beautiful." - Martine

"I love that when you click on the small images of the individual points on the right, that the larger image scrolls up or down to that point. This is a cool feature and highlighting this would resolve some of the comments Debra is making. One could look at the small image on the right with the muscular view and then see the dermal or skeletal images on the left." - Leslie

"Are you an acupuncturist or a graphic designer? It looks great!!!
Thank you for sharing it with us." - Betty

" This is absolutely fantastic.
Do you have the rest of the channels ready?
Thanks so much." - Zinnia

"I agree with everyone--fantastic, great! An app would be a great tool to have." - Denise

"Its really nice, one, are u planning to make an app for a phone as well?" - Nilesh

"It is pretty helpful+ Would be nice if there is a Iphone or Android app for it too... :)" - Wendy

"Andrew, it's fantastic! Is there a possibility to download the maps? I didn't find it. And if you will create an app, will it be for android also?" - Ina

"Very nice...many congratulations. How about a cross-sectional view that shows veins/arteries/nerves/lymph etc. - now that would make this product stand out from the crowd!" - Robin

Last edited:
I don't see the masternodes getting excited about this. You are in London first of all where there are not money issues (yet) trying to build a dash economy. Accepting only dash may limit you because it requires more time to get setup and buy dash than just using the money in the bank. It would be easier to sell as a appreciating investment.

Giving away 60~ cents is not going to inspire people. We gave away between 15 and 30 dollars of dash to a progressive crowd and even then it was hard to get 50% of paper wallets swept.

Ryan (core ceo) has also suggested that dash should be focused on helping existing businesses, not startups so that might work against you.

Thanks @ampp those are very valid points. I'll alter the proposal so we walk people through the wallet setup and instant-send the Dash before handing over the Hot Spots. It would take longer but far more worthwhile I think. With repeat transactions on Evolution, we have a Dollar-Shave Club for acupuncture built on Dash. On your first point, London is as price-conscious as anywhere. Let me know if you would pivot in another direction. Thanks again.

So among other things, I'm a Massage Therapist and I own the business where I work, and I specialize exclusively in the medical end of the bodywork field. I have a *hell* of a time getting my clients to do *any* sort of self-care work, be it stretches or manual manipulations of any kind. Most people would rather just pay whatever to have us work on them instead. So while I think the idea is a cool one and reasonably implemented, I'm skeptical that it would effectively take off and see widespread use. People seem to be very leery of actually working on themselves in any capacity, let alone when it comes to invasive--albeit minimally so--applications. Maybe I underestimate the differences between the UK and North American populations and their willingness to participate in this kind of practice, but I'm just not sure that we'll see much of a ROI from funding this project.

Back