• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Doesn't Need to Reinvent the Wheel with Advertising - Online Search Beats it All

Good to see you back on here @dashdisciple

The proposal was created in collaboration with Dashdisciple starting back in September, but I had to delay the release due to the work load of Circus City and the need to bring the Radiolab proposal to conclusion when it became clear that it was not going to meet its targets.

I'm fully prepared to launch the proposal within this budget cycle and happy to open a campaign audit up to either Dashdisciple or someone else with relevant experience such as @feedbands

Better get on that then! Only 7 days left for voting

I think there are certainly some interesting ideas in online search advertising for Dash. However as some others have pointed out there is the effectiveness of the ad itself in terms of clickthrough from google, but the question becomes where does that lead? The difference between the examples of ad spend for the companies you mention (Amazon, Apple etc.), is that they have put as much money and resources into creating conversion optimised destinations for people to land as they do on the spend. I think without a comprehensive professionalised content strategy in place once click-through occurs, a significant ad campaign is not going to be as effective a use of funds as it could be.

I think there are certainly some interesting ideas in online search advertising for Dash. However as some others have pointed out there is the effectiveness of the ad itself in terms of clickthrough from google, but the question becomes where does that lead? The difference between the examples of ad spend for the companies you mention (Amazon, Apple etc.), is that they have put as much money and resources into creating conversion optimised destinations for people to land as they do on the spend. I think without a comprehensive professionalised content strategy in place once click-through occurs, a significant ad campaign is not going to be as effective a use of funds as it could be.

You are absolutely correct Monachilada, the ads need to lead to a destination that can be controlled and optimized with full reporting. Since there is no obvious way to track our hard conversions like wallet downloads and coin purchases, we can only track soft conversions like clicks to the wallet page, clicks to an exchange to purchase the coin, clicks to the treasury to see the proposals / submit proposals.

For my proposal which is currently live at https://www.dashcentral.org/p/internet-ads we are setting up a landing page that we control at the domain dashinformer.com. The site is not up yet but we have already begun designing and coding it. Our goal is to optimize across several variables including clicks to wallet download, clicks to treasury, email submission, and clicks to supported exchanges. We are also brainstorming ways to roughly measure hard conversions like actual wallet downloads and coin purchases since there is no direct way to do so.

Our budget is 30 dash for the initial ad spend. 100% of the sale of that dash will be transparently accounted for and put into the ad spend. It will roughly translate into a $500 daily spend across the following platforms: google, facebook, reddit.

My apologies Feedbands, I hadn't seen that the proposal had already gone up. Reading it I have a much better understanding of the strategy and subsequently much more confidence in it. I'm for an experienced person such as yourself to start with a lower budget and build it up from there, rather than the huge spend of the "competing" proposal.

Back