• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

We should have a DRK Representative there !! ….>>

Uhm, isn't linking your most personal information together with purchasing an anonymous coin contra-productive for promotional purposes?

Well, it depends. If you just want your privacy regarding what you do with your coins, but want the convenience of being able to buy your coins with fiat safely and quickly, the law requires the exchanger to collect that information from you. That's why the ATMs take your fingerprints, and gov issued ID to use them. So if you want to buy your coins with fiat legally, you will have to expose your most personal information. So for me, I think what's the difference between that and a bank? I also have paypal with their tentacles in my bank account. Sure, I'm looking forward to the day when I can unhook from 'em, but until then, I buy off ebay, etsy, amazon.de (I can buy from all over the world, with the least fees using paypal) I used to think that was super, LOL. I belong to a credit union that has always been decent to us. I worked at banks when I was younger, as a teller and customer service (where I did research, etc...) back in the early 80's and made my husband leave his bank (where I worked) after we got married because of all the ridiculous fees and scams. We used to be rewarded if we could come up with a new fee!

So yah, I understand what you're saying, but then there is the practical side of life where most of us feel comfortable. That is where I hope I can be useful. I'm an older house wife of average intelligence. I'm not motivated to learn to use tor, or all those complicated ways of protecting my id, yet I still want my privacy when it comes to my finances. Someday, I might have money or coins that are worth a lot, and if they are stolen because of hackers figuring things out, they could destroy my life. I'm more worried about that than the government coming after me. And that is why I want privacy.

So anyone want to review my paper? I also need a picture, I guess I can just use the reflective darkcoin picture...

hey tante
sorry i pushed this your way
hope you do not mind !!!
i know you will do a great job, let me know if i can help ...>>
No, I'm glad to have a way to help! I had writer's block, started this a few times, but finally wrote something. Ready for review, but if nobody speaks up soon, I'll post it. My daughter reviewed it for me so far. I'd get my husband to do it but he has the flu and isn't able to think :( Flu in July? Oh well! LOL

Well, it depends. If you just want your privacy regarding what you do with your coins, but want the convenience of being able to buy your coins with fiat safely and quickly, the law requires the exchanger to collect that information from you. That's why the ATMs take your fingerprints, and gov issued ID to use them. So if you want to buy your coins with fiat legally, you will have to expose your most personal information. So for me, I think what's the difference between that and a bank? I also have paypal with their tentacles in my bank account. Sure, I'm looking forward to the day when I can unhook from 'em, but until then, I buy off ebay, etsy, amazon.de (I can buy from all over the world, with the least fees using paypal) I used to think that was super, LOL. I belong to a credit union that has always been decent to us. I worked at banks when I was younger, as a teller and customer service (where I did research, etc...) back in the early 80's and made my husband leave his bank (where I worked) after we got married because of all the ridiculous fees and scams. We used to be rewarded if we could come up with a new fee!

So yah, I understand what you're saying, but then there is the practical side of life where most of us feel comfortable. That is where I hope I can be useful. I'm an older house wife of average intelligence. I'm not motivated to learn to use tor, or all those complicated ways of protecting my id, yet I still want my privacy when it comes to my finances. Someday, I might have money or coins that are worth a lot, and if they are stolen because of hackers figuring things out, they could destroy my life. I'm more worried about that than the government coming after me. And that is why I want privacy.

So anyone want to review my paper? I also need a picture, I guess I can just use the reflective darkcoin picture...
ill review it

Great Tante!! (a link to Evan's profile here next time, perhaps?)

I posted it ("syndicated") on 19 different networks (pssst!, don't ask) and, as I said in my long post above, we all should now have to syndicate this thingy all over the place. Link, blog, tweet, post on freaking soul-eating FB, other forums...

Let some video / animation girl / guy create a brief video for YT, explaining the same based on the article. Syndicate it all over again. Repeat :wink:

[can't wait for "How masternodes changed the crypto world."]

Thank you Tante. If you need any assistance, you know how to contact me. Also, feel free to send anyone on to me that would like to join in.

My 2 cents:
- TanteStefana starts from the start (articles about Darkcoin origins, DarkSend, "How to... " buy / trade / invest;
- fernando or his guys create a simple animation video, explaining the same in a more visual way;
- another video, more sophisticated may be in place as well;
- get transcripts for these videos; https://www.speechpad.com/ $1.00 for a minute and post it in a blog;
- SYNDICATE all content (Twitter, FB, blog) and use all RSS feeds. Point in case, Review Outlaw has a video on mining Darkcoin
so his channel is @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOvN3fb1NyriX4SVgVj02SA so his RSS feed is @
https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/reviewoutlaw/uploads
Ping all that to all RSS syndication services. Transcripts as well. Tweet them;
- See could Twitter / FB API alow syndicating this Forum posts, or at least, the developer's updates;
- Figure out how to get Evan and Ape to be guests on Max Keiser show (ask him);
- if not, interview him for Darkcoins own YT channel. Syndicate;
- "anarchy is to act like you're already free" so get in touch with David Graeber, an anarchist and a professor, but also the author of Debt: The First Five Thousand Years so he knows about money and he would have something to say about cryptocurrency throug historical, sociological, philosopical angle;
- Syndicate;
- try to do the same with Reggie Meddleton of boombustblog - he's bing on crypto and is working on his own exchange;
- Syndicate;
- TanteStefana could, alone or in cooperation with someone else, write a "freedom essay" - why is crypto so important? Why Darkcoin. Difference in between anonimity and privacy issue. We're all enslaved by The Financial Crime Cartel and its shaneningans (crimes) and this could be the first real movement in human history that would liberate us from the institutionalized chains of death, destruction and debt, their modus operanda.

Bottom line. Spread the word as much as you can. And try to also focus on "influencers" like Max, David, Reggie...
Dude, that's a lot of homework for just one post :smile:
Many good ideas, we'll have to explore them. At least a few!

BTW, thanks fernando, we'll need to do that together! I'm actually not the person to write the "how to get Darkcoin" article because frankly, I had a hard time figuring it out, was afraid to get burned, and only know how to use coinbase, which now has access to my bank account, much like paypal. I chose them as the "safest" way I could find since they are practically a bank with large corporations as clients. I would love to try Moolah (sp?) and others, but I'm afraid to let them have access to my bank account. I'm still very isolated and ignorant on how to do these things in a truly safe manner. So I'd really need your help!

Sure, no problem. I'll try to sketch a few ideas and send them by PM in a few days.

Dude, that's a lot of homework for just one post :smile:
Many good ideas, we'll have to explore them. At least a few!

:smile:

Visibility is the key. It seems to me there is a core support that does not wane, but Darkcoin should also represent a whole new movement so it could attract more people, many among them influencers, outside of main stream alternative kao Max, David and / or Reggie.

Visibility and awareness. Why Darkcoin is going to stay needs to be shared with as many people as possible.

:smile:

Visibility is the key. It seems to me there is a core support that does not wane, but Darkcoin should also represent a whole new movement so it could attract more people, many among them influencers, outside of main stream alternative kao Max, David and / or Reggie.

Visibility and awareness. Why Darkcoin is going to stay needs to be shared with as many people as possible.
I agree with you more than you agree with yourself :smile:

Back