• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

sentinel doesn't think my MN is synched

drakee

Hello fellow masternoders! I updated my masternodes to 12.1 and am following the instructions on:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies-updated-for-12-1.2680/

However, when I run:
venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py

I always get the message:
dashd not synced with network! Awaiting full sync before running Sentinel.

But, my masternodes are synched with the network, as far as I can tell. I thought the message might go away after a while, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: It looks like a couple of my MNs are finally showing no output after running sentinel.py (which is good, yes?). So maybe I just needed to wait a few hours to stop getting the "not synched" message... I will keep my eye on the remaining MNs to see if they follow suit. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Did you check with dash-cli mnsync status command?

Code:
./dash-cli mnsync status
{
"AssetID": 999,
"AssetName": "MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED",
"Attempt": 0,
"IsBlockchainSynced": true,
"IsMasternodeListSynced": true,
"IsWinnersListSynced": true,
"IsSynced": true,
"IsFailed": false
}

Did you check with dash-cli mnsync status command?

Code:
./dash-cli mnsync status
{
"AssetID": 999,
"AssetName": "MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED",
"Attempt": 0,
"IsSynced": true,
}

Thanks for the reply! I ran the mnsync command and got the output above for my 2 MNs that are showing no complaints from sentinel.py.

For the ones that are still complaining that they are not in sync, I get:

Code:
{
  "AssetID": 4,
  "AssetName": "MASTERNODE_SYNC_GOVERNANCE",
  "Attempt": 29,
  "IsSynced": false,
}

Hello fellow masternoders! I updated my masternodes to 12.1 and am following the instructions on:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies-updated-for-12-1.2680/

However, when I run:
venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py

I always get the message:
dashd not synced with network! Awaiting full sync before running Sentinel.

But, my masternodes are synched with the network, as far as I can tell. I thought the message might go away after a while, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: It looks like a couple of my MNs are finally showing no output after running sentinel.py (which is good, yes?). So maybe I just needed to wait a few hours to stop getting the "not synched" message... I will keep my eye on the remaining MNs to see if they follow suit. Thanks for reading!

Close to what @Balych recommended, this is actually checking the output of dash-cli masternode status. What is the output of that command?

EDIT: Actually, I mis-spoke. Sentinel checks both, but this part is actually checking mnsync status, exactly as @Balych described. Somewhere else it checks masternode status. If neither of them is showing correct, up-to-date MN statuses, then Sentinel will not work properly.

Close to what @Balych recommended, this is actually checking the output of dash-cli masternode status. What is the output of that command?

Thanks nmarley! My masternodes seem to think they are running fine:

"status": "Masternode successfully started"

Because 2 of my MNs eventually started showing no complaints from sentinel.py, with no actions on my part, I am inclined to think that the rest of my MNs just need some time to start working (just an uneducated guess - I am new to this sentinel stuff, and I don't totally understand its function).

Maybe the root of this issue is that I'm seeing both:
and
"IsSynced": false,

from the mnsync command. I guess one can be true while the other is false - what is the difference between these two statuses?

It's a known issue, we are working on it. Don't worry, your mn is fine while spork14 is still off.

Back