• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What's the steps for turning off a MasterNode & removing coins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyslexicZombei

The first node I set up, I used RC2 and sent it to the generated address from the remote server.

Can someone please tell me the steps to turn off the node and remove the coins so that I can put that 1000DRK into cold storage? Can't seem to find this info...

Thanks!

It is as simple as logging into the server and stopping the process! You can get the coins out however is most convenient for you, whether that be copying the wallet file from the server to your local pc or just sending the coins directly from the server to another wallet on your PC.

Yes, I can stop the process.

I just don't know/remember coming across the instructions on how to send the stake frunds from an RC2 server back to the wallet it came from. Got to the point where I was going to move the coins to cold storage and then I went: hmm, I don't recall seeing that.

When you stop darkcoind I'm pretty sure the coins still sit in the address in mempool until you actually send the coins out from that address, otherwise the coins would be going back/forth as you started/stopped the darkcoin server or changed the masternode option.

1. Stop darkcoind.
2. change masternode = 0 in darkcoin.conf
3. ???

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just stopped darkcoind and opened my local backup of the wallet. Once I was sure everything was ok with that copy I deleted the server copy and started darkcoind again so it created a new blank wallet. I was doing this to go from the hot wallet set up to the hot/cold. I was able to start a hot/cold MN with that same wallet, only this time it was in my computer instead of the server.

With another one I had a problem and had to create a new wallet locally and send the 1000 DRK to it (when trying to start MN from local wallet I got a 'not capable masternode' error). I think I caused it because I had received payments in the previous hard fork and I sent them to another wallet before using it to launch the hot/cold MN. I suspect I didn't use coin control properly and the 1000 remaining DRK were not at address 0.

Thanks for chiming in. I turned off the privkey and set masternode to 0 and stopped darkcoind. So, it should release the funds from mempool and send the 1000DRK back? So confused on this point.

I sent the 1000DRK to the getaddress0 I generated on the REMOTE server (which might've been a mistake? Didn't have a local linux PC handy at the time and was unaware of qt console commands before RC3). I used these instructions for this part:

"- Download the beta daemon of darkcoin
- Use ./darkcoind getaccountaddress 0 to get an address on that daemon
- Send EXACTLY 1000DRK to that daemon
- Encrypt the wallet with a strong password, make a backup of the wallet, do not copy the wallet while the daemon is running"

https://www.darkcointalk.org/thread...ternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

I ran a getbalance command on the RC2 node this evening and it said the balance was 0. ???
Shouldn't this RC2 server's balance be 1000DRK if I sent it to the daemon at accountaddress 0 and am using the associated genkey? Concerned because it's showing as an actual withdrawal in my transactions of 1000DRK to that address0.

This is opposed to the RC3 wallet transactions which show up as self payments, that don't lower your wallet balance, instead of to some address somewhere that represents the daemon for accountaddress0.

Thanks for chiming in. I turned off the privkey and set masternode to 0 and stopped darkcoind. So, it should release the funds from mempool and send the 1000DRK back? So confused on this point.

I sent the 1000DRK to the getaddress0 I generated on the REMOTE server (which might've been a mistake? Didn't have a local linux PC handy at the time and was unaware of qt console commands before RC3). I used these instructions for this part:

"- Download the beta daemon of darkcoin
- Use ./darkcoind getaccountaddress 0 to get an address on that daemon
- Send EXACTLY 1000DRK to that daemon
- Encrypt the wallet with a strong password, make a backup of the wallet, do not copy the wallet while the daemon is running"

https://www.darkcointalk.org/thread...ternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

I ran a getbalance command on the RC2 node this evening and it said the balance was 0. ???
Shouldn't this RC2 server's balance be 1000DRK if I sent it to the daemon at accountaddress 0 and am using the associated genkey? Concerned because it's showing as an actual withdrawal in my transactions of 1000DRK to that address0.

This is opposed to the RC3 wallet transactions which show up as self payments, that don't lower your wallet balance, instead of to some address somewhere that represents the daemon for accountaddress0.
That is weird, I agree that getbalance should have given you 1000 DRK... is the daemon synced with the right blockchain? have you checked the last transactions of the daemon wallet?

Yes, this is very concerning. It's our stake for our first node which was set up via the hot wallet method in RC2 (but the actual hot wallet part wasn't set up as SCP was failing in Putty). I had faith in the process that we'd be able to get our stake back easily. This was the transaction on 6/6 to the address given to my by the getaddress0 command:

Status: 10529 confirmationsDate: 6/6/2014 18:08To: Otoh/DZ MN XcFvsJ5JWnNNWaECCkUgLC5vBFJeXT3EDCDebit: -1000.00 DRKNet amount: -1000.00 DRKTransaction ID: 0fb1c39fb2a49faed971eae5d743444649344b465c0fd8e421ce544189b65ac4

and I was using the associated privkey on the node. Hopefully its just out of date software because Otoh & I are not going to be happy campers if our RC2 stake deposit vanished into the ether. :mad:

Edit: In hindsight, I never updated that RC2 node to RC3.0, so I hope its just because it's on the wrong fork. Perhaps when I update the node's software to RC3.1(?) tomorrow I'll finally see our 1000DRK back in our original wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back