• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

wallet unlock problem

Code:
EXCEPTION: St12out_of_range

CInv::GetCommand() : type=15 unknown type

dash in ProcessMessages()

That happens when a v11 client gets a v12 message which it doesn't yet know and is okay for know.

Once you get it running and synced I'd send your funds to a v12 wallet.

That happens when a v11 client gets a v12 message which it doesn't yet know and is okay for know.

Once you get it running and synced I'd send your funds to a v12 wallet.

Thanks again for the binaries, my linux wallet is synced now, however dashd getinfo still shows
Code:
"errors" : "EXCEPTION: St12out_of_range       \nCInv::GetCommand() : type=15 unknown type       \ndash in ProcessMessages()       \n"
}

my problem is, that I do need all these addresses in my wallet.dat, I can't just create v12 wallet and send my coins there

my linux wallet is synced now, however dashd getinfo still shows
Code:
"errors" : "EXCEPTION: St12out_of_range       \nCInv::GetCommand() : type=15 unknown type       \ndash in ProcessMessages()       \n"
}

my problem is, that I do need all these addresses in my wallet.dat, I can't just create v12 wallet and send my coins there

This:
To sum: you are messing with all kind of possible incompatibilities and if you were able to open your wallet on win somehow I would recommend to "save progress" :wink: [...] simply reimport private keys to fresh wallet (back up it and try small amounts first to verify it's ok, works on wallet restart etc.. as usual).

If you have really THAT much addresses one thing might work (never tested this) even with v11:

1. Start old v11 wallet
  2. Tools -> Debug console:
    • walletpassphrase "<your_v11_passphrase>" 60
    • dumpwallet "wallet.dat.old"
  3. Close old wallet
  4. Make backup of wallet.dat of the new (v12) wallet
  5. Start new v12 wallet
  6. Tools -> Debug console:
    • walletpassphrase "<your_v12_passphrase>" 60
    • importwallet "wallet.dat.old"
Use at your own risk!
Don't blame me if you lose your coins, house and family or your nose starts bleeding...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have really THAT much addresses one thing might work (never tested this) even with v11:

1. Start old v11 wallet
  2. Tools -> Debug console:
    • walletpassphrase "<your_v11_passphrase>" 60
    • dumpwallet "wallet.dat.old"
  3. Close old wallet
  4. Make backup of wallet.dat of the new (v12) wallet
  5. Start new v12 wallet
  6. Tools -> Debug console:
    • walletpassphrase "<your_v12_passphrase>" 60
    • importwallet "wallet.dat.old"
Use at your own risk!
Don't blame me if you lose your coins, house and family or your nose starts bleeding...

it actually did work for me!

14k addresses were imported flawlessly into my new v12 wallet.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Back