• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

wallet error please help

Poppeli

Hi

I reinstalled my windows and now my wallet.dat won't work.
I made a copy of the wallet.dat file and tried the newest qt with -rescan -reindex commands but syncing stukcs every time after several minutes in same block something 40000
the error message is
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974

Edit: I can see my coins but they are not verified

please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have older backups of your wallet available?

Which client version are you using?
It might be an issue with the berkley database version.

Try running your client with the -salvagewallet option.

Have you tried putting your wallet.dat file on a USB flash drive and loading it on a different PC running Darkcoin-qt? Or do you have someone you trust who can help you recover your coins?

If you cannot fix the problem yourself and none of our suggestions work I'd be willing to load your wallet myself and retrieve your coins; sending them to a target address of your choosing.

Regards,

The DRK Lord

Try running your client with the -salvagewallet option.
Thank you all very much for your help!
"-salvagewallet" worked :D
It is now synced and My coins are back. I'm using 10.11.5 version at the moment.
First it was little scary when it didn't show any coins but then they came back.

Edit:
I can't see my previous recieving adresses. Is that a problem? Before this wallet error I used client version 9.11.5.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is now synced and My coins are back. I'm using 10.11.5 version at the moment.
First it was little scary when it didn't show any coins but then they came back.

Edit:
I can't see my previous recieving adresses. Is that a problem? Before this wallet error I used client version 9.11.5.

As long as all your coins are there I think you'll be fine. I'd recommend you start a fresh wallet.dat file and move your coins into the new wallet just for good measure.

Edit:
The downside of -salvagewallet is that all your metadata is lost. (labels, address book, etc.)
Your private and public keys are fine.

Back