• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Very elementary help on an Apple OSX 6

markgriffith

Hello everyone. Sorry to be so lame, but I'm hoping someone can talk me through the initial download of the wallet onto an Apple MacBook OSX 6.

I see a PGP key and am not 100% certain which steps to take from darkcoin.io/downloads/ onwards.

Am not a complete technical novice, but a very simple explanation would be a massive help.

Apologies in advance.

Hello everyone. Sorry to be so lame, but I'm hoping someone can talk me through the initial download of the wallet onto an Apple MacBook OSX 6.

I see a PGP key and am not 100% certain which steps to take from darkcoin.io/downloads/ onwards.

Am not a complete technical novice, but a very simple explanation would be a massive help.

Apologies in advance.

hey there
i have a Mac Wallet set up guide (with pics)
send me an email to
[email protected]
and i email it to you

(i will post the guide later here on DCT, but that will take me a bit of time)
any MAC question, just ping me
(even I am not 100% pro ether, but good with the basics)

Dear tungfa, Dear fernando, Dear other kind people,

thanks for moving this query to the Support folder and for sending me that handy doc about downloading a wallet to a Mac!

I'm following the guide but still having trouble. Perhaps I'm using the wrong browser - can browsers make a difference?

I download the wallet and then get to the screen which says it is < out of sync > and < synchronising with network > and then it seems to get stuck there.

Perhaps I'm being impatient and it just takes a few hours? I left it on for a few hours once and the blue strip didn't move. Is there a best browser for doing this, or would that make no difference?

Many thanks in advance!

hey mark
np
you are talk g about the Wallet being stuck ?!
that has nothing to do with web browser ! The QT Wallet is an independent program.

what Mac are you on ?
you said MacBook OSX 6, not sure what that means, do you have more specifications
Apple - About this Mac ?!

As the Mac Wallet is not running the best and fastest on My (oldish) iMac 10.9.5

Ok when you wallet is open and running
click Tools (Top Bar)/ Information
and check if you are actually connected to the network, and the block count is rising
are you on 11.0.14 ?

Dear tungfa, Dear fernando, Dear other kind people,

thanks for moving this query to the Support folder and for sending me that handy doc about downloading a wallet to a Mac!

I'm following the guide but still having trouble. Perhaps I'm using the wrong browser - can browsers make a difference?

I download the wallet and then get to the screen which says it is < out of sync > and < synchronising with network > and then it seems to get stuck there.

Perhaps I'm being impatient and it just takes a few hours? I left it on for a few hours once and the blue strip didn't move. Is there a best browser for doing this, or would that make no difference?

Many thanks in advance!
Hello there :smile:
Wallet needs to be synchronized with network first so it starts to download and verify blocks. This procedure includes heavy block calculations so wallet could freeze sometimes, just give it a time - should usually take ~1,5 hour. There might be some glitches however and if you think it's not moving and there is no CPU usage - it might get stuck on downloading new blocks from peers and/or have been blocked by them for staling (this could also happen if your internet connection switched on/off few times). If that was the case you need to wait about an hour or two to be unblocked by them. Alternatively you can use bootstrap feature to sync from scratch in ~40 minutes almost without downloading blocks from any peers (you'll need some at the end). More info https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap

Back