• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Ok, I almost always saw "not capable... or " successfully started, and lately, it just automatically started up when I started the wallet up, which I thought was a new feature. So I posted the quirk ;P Thanks :)

I'd forgotten it did that now. Best guess is it hadn't figured out it was synched yet. Some of my testnet nodes take a minute or two to show as started.

One quick question, if I change the IP address on my masternode, do I need a new masternodeprivatekey? Do I need a new wallet address? Or can I keep everything as it was and simply change the ip address? Thanks for your help :)

You're probably right moocowmoo! Thanks :)

Can you explain why we find multiple vins attached to one ip in the v11 network? Is this prohibited in v12?
Code:
darkcoind masternode list full | grep 37.157.250.24
"   37.157.250.24:9999" : "   ENABLED 70075 XvWmB8BnDdi2awESuJuBtvzGpFrq4hBfe1 ff081b33c986999f4726e06cde07209033b724edc29dbbcf2314b244f5fa93ab 1437181877  8577106",
"   37.157.250.24:9999" : "   ENABLED 70076 Xdj6dTMj8YPUwg6wiBrSKxsPm1z7eGf4bv 3494da9c8b6afdad6979d4c6ba340623647948556a45a8c16db24b68cd0463af 1437181881   182075",
"   37.157.250.24:9999" : "   ENABLED 70076 XprANFv11sTjvHrT3qNWx2LQE2cTae28uU ae5390452a36668e7e9b8f2c18857587bb9e635942f757c175e65b7511947f1d 1437181811   181992",
"   37.157.250.24:9999" : "   ENABLED 70076 XuwpR4fE7rKWikEJZaMoc22zgr79FJso2D 9e81cafc66ffd26e8c3091d7f46f2b1ba097582f5ba1c1d32a6e01e7ec345264 1437181811   181993",
Short answers are "because someone is cheating" and "not yet". :rolleyes:

Will you elaborate on how a cold node can sign the ping message?
I'm not sure I get the question. Cold node signs initial broadcast message with 1000 DASH privkey and Hot node signs ping messages after that with mnprivkey.

I'd forgotten it did that now. Best guess is it hadn't figured out it was synched yet. Some of my testnet nodes take a minute or two to show as started.
Yep, MN will go through new sync procedure first now before it tries to self-activate.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.0.x/src/darksend.cpp#L2334
This can take few minutes because it's a step by step process now:
#define MASTERNODE_SYNC_INITIAL 0
#define MASTERNODE_SYNC_SPORKS 1
#define MASTERNODE_SYNC_LIST 2
#define MASTERNODE_SYNC_MNW 3
#define MASTERNODE_SYNC_BUDGET 4
#define MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED 999
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.0.x/src/masternode-sync.h#L8-L13

sync function https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.0.x/src/masternode-sync.cpp#L67-L168

I'm not sure I get the question. Cold node signs initial broadcast message with 1000 DASH privkey and Hot node signs ping messages after that with mnprivkey.

This terminology gets confused often. I think of hot == has keys, cold == doesn't.

So, if the hot node signs the start packet, how does the cold node sign the pings?

This terminology gets confused often. I think of hot == has keys, cold == doesn't.

So, if the hot node signs the start packet, how does the cold node sign the pings?

The dashd running in the dangerous and HOT internet signs the pings with its mnprivkey, the wallet with the 1000 DASH (which resides in my dark and COLD Fort-Knox-like safe) starts it via the signed "I own that 1000 DASH" broadcast message and can be shut down after that.

You're kind of right though, HOT has the keys the network uses. COLD only signs the 1000 DASH vin 1 time to let the network know what the new key is.

A couple of hrs ago I did a start-many on MNs that have no live daemon (according to scratchy anyway)... Lol, they're getting paid:

View attachment 1614

Only a guess of mine:

- The reason why they getting payed is that you started them once with the 'normal' start procedure.
- You were creating new nodes on our page instead of using the existing ones.
- Maybe with wrong node parameters/maybe you were to slow to start them. (they expire after 2 hours unused)
If you still own the unique url on masternodecloud.com you can check the status.
- After that you always tried to start them with start-many, which looked like it was successfull but it wasnt.
- In the backround some of your nodes were still running on our cloud enviroment thats why they getting payed.

Im working on the ability to restore your private url on our cloud system. If you lost it.

This doesn't mean it solves the dropping issue on scratchy's server though? Because scratchy still has to figure out why the nodes get dropped from his server?

The system stabilized, the nodes are not crashing / dieing anymore on the latest commit.

Both of you:
Please update to the latest commit evan posted ~

But i guess you both tried to solve it. There are now a lot more nodes successful in the masternode list.

- The reason why they getting payed is that you started them once with the 'normal' start procedure.
No, I only ever started them using start-many.
- You were creating new nodes on our page instead of using the existing ones.
No, I created 3 groups of nodes - 10, 10, and 4, and just kept re-starting (which was often because they kept going down)
- Maybe with wrong node parameters/maybe you were to slow to start them. (they expire after 2 hours unused)
No, each time I created a group of nodes, I immediately fired them up using start-many, and they showed up on masternodelist as "ENABLED".
If you still own the unique url on masternodecloud.com you can check the status.
Yes, I randomly selected and checked about a half a dozen or so - every one showed status as "This url seems to be expired".
- After that you always tried to start them with start-many, which looked like it was successfull but it wasnt.
For sure, that was an issue you pointed out, and the devs have fixed it with this latest release.
- In the backround some of your nodes were still running on our cloud enviroment thats why they getting payed.
Ohh, I was under the impression you shut down all 24 of MNs - lol, apparently not?
Im working on the ability to restore your private url on our cloud system. If you lost it.
Cool, I'd prefer to not redo the entire setup process all over again.
The system stabilized, the nodes are not crashing / dieing anymore on the latest commit.
Right on.
Both of you:
Please update to the latest commit evan posted ~
Already done.

eduffield I suggest we don't make Darksend "on" (box checked) in send tab by default. On startup in a new wallet there will be no DS funds and wallet will return an error; this will be confusing to the user.

Instead I suggest we have InstantX on by default and DS off by default makin git optional.

Pablo.

Reactions: AjM
No, I only ever started them using start-many.

No, I created 3 groups of nodes - 10, 10, and 4, and just kept re-starting (which was often because they kept going down)

No, each time I created a group of nodes, I immediately fired them up using start-many, and they showed up on masternodelist as "ENABLED".

Yes, I randomly selected and checked about a half a dozen or so - every one showed status as "This url seems to be expired".

For sure, that was an issue you pointed out, and the devs have fixed it with this latest release.

Ohh, I was under the impression you shut down all 24 of MNs - lol, apparently not?

Cool, I'd prefer to not redo the entire setup process all over again.

Right on.

Already done.
Thanks for keeping me updated, so we have to investigate further..

I did not shutdown any of your nodes, they were already expired as you send me the list.

Anyone need tdash, post your address.
y99Q9aDgmTDpxf2m7tTMwLU4stVUaSA4kU please send me as much as you can ~

Also i noticed the testnet is not bind to 19999, its even possible to run nodes on different ports.
I will update my system asap so it will be possible to run a lot more test masternodes.
I guess it will take about 1-2 days then its ready.

Devs: Any idears why start-many could lead to disconnecting nodes in the long? It looks like the 'normal' start masternode is working without disconnecting (the daemons are not crashing at all)

Thanks for keeping me updated, so we have to investigate further..

When you start a HOT node via a COLD node, it updates the lastTimeSeen for that masternode. That sets the masternode to ENABLED. After that, the HOT node should take over pinging, which then happens shortly after that (it signs using the shared private key --mnpivkey). If the HOT node fails to ping, the node will fall off the network in about an hour.

y99Q9aDgmTDpxf2m7tTMwLU4stVUaSA4kU please send me as much as you can ~
too large in one go, lol

upload_2015-7-18_19-40-59.png

I think there is a fork, my wallets are on a different chain(block=85897) to my miner and Scratchy.

Edit : Got back on my mining chain and the pool has aligned, try for block = 85902
Edit2 : Not good, everything is now stuck on block 85902
Edit3 : Everything is rolling again, looking slinky :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
New Version - V0.12.0.23

This should help us to vote for the same payee each block. Also we've included some other security fixes and a clearer API for the budget system.

Evan Duffield
- version/proto bump
- Better NewBlock sync check
- Only check vote sigs once / payee cache update on newblock
- Pay masternodes when no valid budget
- Change variable naming for rpc commands …
- Require 7 confirmations for finalized budget
- Only check budget block payees after sync is complete

UdjinM6 authored
- move only
- Code cleanups for masternode rpc …
- tabs to spaces

Linux32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-linux-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-linux32.tar.gz

Linux64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-linux-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-linux64.tar.gz

Mac:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-osx-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-osx-unsigned.dmg

Win32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...1/gitian-win-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-win32.zip

Win64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...1/gitian-win-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-win64.zip

Is multisig coinbase supported yet?
( I remember something about a multisig script byte length was too large for some coinbase size conditional.)

It's not causing issues in testnet (we've been paying multisig addresses with no problem), but that might actually be an issue on mainnet. Udjin was saying something to that effect awhile ago. I'll look into it.

It's not causing issues in testnet (we've been paying multisig addresses with no problem), but that might actually be an issue on mainnet. Udjin was saying something to that effect awhile ago. I'll look into it.

Possible suspect: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.0.x/src/main.cpp#L947-L952

Code:
    if (tx.IsCoinBase())
    {
        if (tx.vin[0].scriptSig.size() < 2 || tx.vin[0].scriptSig.size() > 100)
            return state.DoS(100, error("CheckTransaction() : coinbase script size"),
                             REJECT_INVALID, "bad-cb-length");
    }

Back