• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

I just tried darksending / instantX'ing Sub Ether, but I get an error of an insanely high cost, so it won't let me do it. There is no way to say, yes, I'll pay the insanely high cost??

I get that same error msg also... when I try to combine Darksend and InstantX

UdjinM6 - I've a question that I meant to ask many versions ago but kept forgetting: While mixing DS, the coins go into "Pending"... so the coins don't show in the "Available" and not on Coin Control... Where are the coins hiding? I guess this is a silly question but the inquirer mind wants to know. Thanks. :grin:
Mixing it's just like receiving - until you have at least one confirmation you have no control over it so they are sitting in memory pool waiting for confirmation.

I just tried darksending / instantX'ing Sub Ether, but I get an error of an insanely high cost, so it won't let me do it. There is no way to say, yes, I'll pay the insanely high cost??

Oh, bummer, I guess there are still only 11 masternodes running, so my instant X won't work anyway. I reduced the amount, which had less fees :) Still, I did get immediate 11 approvals out of 20 so that means, the masternodes that are there are working ;)
I get that same error msg also... when I try to combine Darksend and InstantX

...and anyone who have the same problem...
Ahhh.... GNULinuxGuy was faster :)

It's just a bug. Should be able to work around it by shutting down, remove fee_estimates.dat, then restart (reference https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-17#post-57500).

Thanks guys, will do :)

Well, while I'm here, can I ask an off topic question? LOL

I don't know what I did with my masternodes on mainnet, but I'm receiving small payments of 0.001 and 0.002 since a few days ago. I might have started cpu mining on them (though i thought I turned that back off) but even if I were cpu mining, it wouldn't be in a pool and it wouldn't award me such even amounts. Can anyone explain what might be going on? Thanks :D

Well, while I'm here, can I ask an off topic question? LOL

I don't know what I did with my masternodes on mainnet, but I'm receiving small payments of 0.001 and 0.002 since a few days ago. I might have started cpu mining on them (though i thought I turned that back off) but even if I were cpu mining, it wouldn't be in a pool and it wouldn't award me such even amounts. Can anyone explain what might be going on? Thanks :D
someone is donating to you by mining on p2pool with your MN address
not me :)

That's weird!

I also deleted fee-estimate.dat and it didn't help, but no worries anyway, as instant x can't work at the moment anyway :D

UdjinM6,
why would the 555 tdash that mangled blue sent take over 12 confirmations to get to me, stuck in the memory pool perhaps ?

UdjinM6,
why would the 555 tdash that mangled blue sent take over 12 confirmations to get to me, stuck in the memory pool perhaps ?
I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate pls?

Not for me, but the blinding seems to working and new nodes are getting added to the list quickly, wonder about payments.
(mn) blinding is not a part of this release

I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate pls?

(mn) blinding is not a part of this release

He sent his before you and it took 12 confirmations longer (unless he sent it again of course, lol)

Maybe I misunderstood blinding, but when I use masternode list there is only a list of keys as opposed to the usual ip's , I figured that was blinding.

He sent his before you and it took 12 confirmations longer (unless he sent it again of course, lol)

Ahh, got it. MangledBlue can you give more info?

Maybe I misunderstood blinding, but when I use masternode list there is only a list of keys as opposed to the usual ip's , I figured that was blinding.

Nope, MN blinding is about blinding MNs not the MN list :) Basically MN blinding means that no MN should know whose client funds it mixes. That was made possible by breaking mixing txes apart and relaying all pieces through different MNs to the target one to combine them and create final tx. That almost worked but we had issues we didn't solve yet.
Another feature - hiding MN IPs - was about.. well, hiding MN IPs and using some IDs instead - it was never implemented.

You still can get MNs IPs by
Code:
masternode list addr

Ahh, got it. MangledBlue can you give more info?

Nope, MN blinding is about blinding MNs not the MN list :) Basically MN blinding means that no MN should know whose client funds it mixes. That was made possible by breaking mixing txes apart and relaying all pieces through different MNs to the target one to combine them and create final tx. That almost worked but we had issues we didn't solve yet.
Another feature - hiding MN IPs - was about.. well, hiding MN IPs and using some IDs instead - it was never implemented.

You still can get MNs IPs by
Code:
masternode list addr
Does it mean MN blinding is not going to be implemented?

Is it just me or has everything slowed down again? For quite a while now MN rec'd no payment, and mixing wallets have stopped adding "Darksend Denominate " transactions...

Back