• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Running v0.12.0.41-527c47c your wallet might get stuck at blocks 82142 and 82141 .. just delete peers.dat, mnpayment.dat, mncache.dat, budget.dat, blocks and chainstate folders, and run the wallet again with -reindex.

Running v0.12.0.41-527c47c your wallet might get stuck at blocks 82142 and 82141 .. just delete peers.dat, mnpayment.dat, mncache.dat, budget.dat, blocks and chainstate folders, and run the wallet again with -reindex.

Evan commented that -reindex may be kinda quirky in v.12. Anyway, when you manually delete chainstate, blocks, etc, you don't need to run with -reindex. The argument forces the QT to download the blockchain from scratch. If you delete the blockchain, you're manually forcing a -reindex

Evan commented that -reindex may be kinda quirky in v.12. Anyway, when you manually delete chainstate, blocks, etc, you don't need to run with -reindex. The argument forces the QT to download the blockchain from scratch. If you delete the blockchain, you're manually forcing a -reindex

I went ahead and put -reindex in the shortcut... i guess it doesn't really matter? The first wallet had '-reindex' in the shortcut and block/chainstate folders were deleted but it still got stuck at block 82141. Reran this and now it's ok.

Second wallet also got "-reindex" in the shortcut and block/chainstate folders were deleted, it got synced fine, didn't get stuck..

Running v0.12.0.41-527c47c (32-bit), I had 3 wallets stuck on a notorious 899 block... -reindex only fixed one wallet; the other two I had to also delete peers.dat and mncache.dat along with -reindex.

this latest version (v0.12.0.41-527c47c) is taking a lot of work getting to the correct block, with several wallets i end up getting on several different blocks even after having synced from scratch..

Last edited by a moderator:
this latest version is taking a lot of work getting to the correct block, with several wallets i end up getting on several different blocks even after having synced from scratch..

Yeah, we have 2 maybe 3 forks going...

Yeah, we have 2 maybe 3 forks going...

v0.12.0.41-527c47c

even when they are fully synced some of my wallets loose sync afterwards..

Edit 1 : okay, i got them all synced to current block and staying in sync this time.
Current block : http://test.insight.dash.siampm.com/

Edit 2 :

We need to monitor the darksend mixing, see if the changes in mixing (use single random denom) is possibly effecting the mixing speed.

I went ahead and put -reindex in the shortcut... i guess it doesn't really matter? The first wallet had '-reindex' in the shortcut and block/chainstate folders were deleted but it still got stuck at block 82141. Reran this and now it's ok.

Second wallet also got "-reindex" in the shortcut and block/chainstate folders were deleted, it got synced fine, didn't get stuck..

Haha, reminds me of v0.12.0.19 a few weeks ago:
Update, it's been over 40 minutes and neither the qt or daemon have started up properly. Will try deleting everything in the dash folder and see if that will help :)

Couldn't close or stop them, had to reboot VPS and stop service on local windows :)

Wouldn't hurt to add -reindex to shortcut as well, I had to do that earlier

Edit: Cuz it can still get stuck even after deleting everything

v0.12.0.41-527c47c

even when they are fully synced some of my wallets loose sync afterwards..

Edit 1 : okay, i got them all synced to current block and staying in sync this time.
Current block : http://test.insight.dash.siampm.com/

Edit 2 :

We need to monitor the darksend mixing, see if the changes in mixing (use single random denom) is possibly effecting the mixing speed.
We still have some blockchain propagation and banning issues. The devs are on it .

What do I have to do to participate in Testing?
What you do on Mainnet is much like on Testnet, except that on Testnet it's a testing phase...
So like if you run a wallet on Mainnet and you use Darksend to mix your coins, and InstantX to send coins, you can do the same on Testnet to test out this version 12.
Or if you run a Masternode on Mainnet, you can also set up a Masternode on Testnet.
Now we've been testing the budget system, which is something new, you can test this also.

If you download a wallet from Evan's link above, put "tesnet=1" (without the quotes) in your dash.conf file, run it and you'll be on Testnet :)
Then get some coins from the faucets: http://test.faucet.masternode.io/ or http://test.faucet.dashninja.pl/
and you're good to go.

Will the test wallet conflict with my main wallet on the same computer?

If you use parameters like "rpcport" in your config file verify that each wallet uses a different port-number.
And I would use a dedicated folder for testnet (via the "-datadir=<your_folder>" command-line option) so you don't accidentally mess things up.

What do I have to do to participate in Testing?
Welcome to Testnet.

Things to focus on once you have everything up and running :

- Darksend mixing :

* does wallet keep in sync ? See Tools / Information and check blocks with test blockchain explorer : http://test.insight.dash.siampm.com/
* are all mixing transactions getting confirmed in reasonable time ?
* does your wallet operate without crashes ?

- InstantX

* is Instantx successfull ? You can setup multiple wallets with commandline option -listen=0 and ping pong InstantX between your wallets to see if its working more easily
or ask someone for an address to ping pong with..

- Get familiar with the budget proposals

* in debug console type :

mnbudget show : for current budget proposals
mnfinalbudget show : for finalized budget proposals

UdjinM6 - When clicking the button "Start Darksend Mixing" there's a kinda like "freezing" moment for about 30 seconds which can make users wonder "what is this? did i start it? is it going to start?.... " So I'm thinking maybe you can put in a message right after the click, something like "Standby... Preparing a fun and exciting Darksend roller coaster for you..." ....Something to help users know what to anticipate and not wondering...

What do you think? :grin:

Back