• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

but you suddenly showed up with some hostile artillery that was uncalled for
What gun filled with coin's doesn't bring some artillery. I think your over reacting. When something has been put to a referendum and then things are changed it isn't beyond reasonable to have a discussion about it. Perhaps you are having trouble seeing over all the newly minted tdash you found. LOL.

What gun filled with coin's doesn't bring some artillery. I think your over reacting. When something has been put to a referendum and then things are changed it isn't beyond reasonable to have a discussion about it. Perhaps you are having trouble seeing over all the newly minted tdash you found. LOL.
LOL.. Hey I get to keep these tdash now :p
I've no idea what changes you're talking about, i think you misunderstood Evan.

Tante tante tante ...
Your post above came across pretty harsh and wrong I have to say !!

Devs paid ... I would call that maybe a tip !!!
These boys are working their (skinny) a... off and I do not think it is fair to shout for code review ! Did anything ever sneak by them ? No, so highest respect for everybody involved and keeping us afloat ... That goes from Evan to udjin , flare , crowning .... Incl all you testers who are testing that we do not fall on our nose !!

Vertoe reference , I do not get it !

Wow, I really did not come across at all! The video was mostly about how to run an open source project with an emphasis on "poisonous people" even so some poisonous people are great people, they can poison and suck up energy for a project in many ways, and that the consensus of the group ought to guide a project. Hence the Vertoe reference. Great team member, but wanted the project to go in a different direction but consensus was otherwise. At that point you have to let a member go rather than let the project be torn apart. But it also had other great tips, one was, IMO, noting mistakes, so - lets say we tried cryptonote, but it caused such a bloated block chain or inability to implement blockchain trimming or something. You would write on your list of mistakes under cryptonote, exactly why this was abandoned as an idea due to 1, 2, 3. So that in a few years when we have an entirely new set of developers, and they think, "hey, why didn't we ever do cryptonote" they can be directed to the mistakes log, and then they can say "oh yah, that never worked and they spent 5 months trying to make it work with a. b. and c., none of which worked out.

At that point, they can say, "but d. was never tried" or " but so and so group resolved that problem, maybe we should try this again"

Now that's not really the best example, but something like, oh we tried this voting scheme, but there was that issue, and that's why we chose this other way to do it, because it integrates better with this function.... etc... Small things that could easily cause wasted time revisiting and arguing over.

And I certainly never ever intended to insult the work our developers and volunteers do! Heavens no! Gosh, I'm really not communicating. I think I was talking about what I was hearing in this lecture, and you all weren't with me, inside my mind, and I was screwing up what I was trying to express. Sorry if I've offended!

Re-reading what I wrote, though, I honestly can't see how it could have come off THAT badly. I just meant that we will need to keep people from just dumping huge code, working on it in a vacuum... like they said in the video, because it must integrate with the whole (maybe it doesn't and I'm wrong there??:?) and it would be unfair to the other developers, the core developers, etc... to give them 6 months worth of work in one pile, never seen by anyone before and expect them to add it to the core project. It's best if work is done as a team, rather than in a vacuum, but since some of these projects might be coming from the "outside" and require integration into the core project, that certain rules should be set up to protect and respect the projects and the core developer's time and energy. I actually intended to suggest respect for core developer's time and energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we still planning on rolling out proper code signing certificates with the mainnet release? I know this was something that came up a long while back and there was confirmation that the final gold master release would contain proper code signing for all major platforms?

waaaaay back here, maybe it wasn't full confirmation: https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-3#post-57005

Tante tante tante ...
Your post above came across pretty harsh and wrong I have to say !!

Devs paid ... I would call that maybe a tip !!!
These boys are working their (skinny) a... off and I do not think it is fair to shout for code review ! Did anything ever sneak by them ? No, so highest respect for everybody involved and keeping us afloat ... That goes from Evan to udjin , flare , crowning .... Incl all you testers who are testing that we do not fall on our nose !!

Vertoe reference , I do not get it !

I think - in part - What our luvly Tante is saying is this: When 3rd party peeps submit any Code, it's gonna have ta be fully reviewed and vetted, in test-net, before it ever becomes a feature [and not a flaw] of DASH

3rd party people could do some MAJOR damage if a piece of code is not fully vetted.

This I believe, was her TRUE meaning to everything that she said - for the most part :-D
[maybe I'm wrong but.....]

I think - in part - What our luvly Tante is saying is this: When 3rd party peeps submit any Code, it's gonna have ta be fully reviewed and vetted, in test-net, before it ever becomes a feature [and not a flaw] of DASH

3rd party people could do some MAJOR damage if a piece of code is not fully vetted.

This I believe, was her TRUE meaning to everything that she said - for the most part :-D
But what does that have anything to do with this v12 testing? Isn't there some place else for it? are we running out of space on this site or what?

But what does that have anything to do with this v12 testing? Isn't there some place else for it? are we running out of space on this site or what?

Sorry luv
As always - you are correct
[bows head in respect]

edit: this has MORE to do with future testing......

Exactly, and to respect the core developer's time and energy, the code should be done with the reset of the core developers input as a team, so that issues can be seen and suggestions made as they go along, instead of expecting the core developers to review 10,000 lines of code dumped on their desk, pulling them away from what they want to be doing.

I'm sorry moli but I think it's 100% relevant to v12 and how we precede with implementing this very new resource and structure. It should be worked out and in the back of our minds for everything we're doing now.

In fact, I'd be surprised if Evan didn't have this planned out in his head already, but it needs to come out and be committed to soon, in my honest opinion. Sooner the better. I'm well aware that the first projects are unlikely to be more than core development and marketing, which we have trusted people to implement, but later, it could turn into chaos if rules aren't set in stone, whatever they be. And we need to start thinking about those rules ASAP, in my humble opinion.

And the video I posted hit the nail on the head, again IMHO Comon Blue, have some balls and stand up for me, I'm counting on you! (totally Joking, don't get mad!!!)

Exactly, and to respect the core developer's time and energy, the code should be done with the reset of the core developers input as a team, so that issues can be seen and suggestions made as they go along, instead of expecting the core developers to review 10,000 lines of code dumped on their desk, pulling them away from what they want to be doing.

I'm sorry moli but I think it's 100% relevant to v12 and how we precede with implementing this very new resource and structure. It should be worked out and in the back of our minds for everything we're doing now.

In fact, I'd be surprised if Evan didn't have this planned out in his head already, but it needs to come out and be committed to soon, in my honest opinion. Sooner the better. I'm well aware that the first projects are unlikely to be more than core development and marketing, which we have trusted people to implement, but later, it could turn into chaos if rules aren't set in stone, whatever they be. And we need to start thinking about those rules ASAP, in my humble opinion.

And the video I posted hit the nail on the head, again IMHO
Are you a coder? I think you need to step back and hold your tongue, you keep sounding deranged more and more each day.

What are you talking about moli? Did you watch the video? My comments are only on how the video was really a great idea. Why are you so hostile toward me? Do you all really not understand where I'm coming from? If not, then I really am not being of any help, and I'll leave.

Are you a coder? I think you need to step back and hold your tongue, you keep sounding deranged more and more each day.

Come on now girls - YOU'RE BOTH PRETTY !!!!

let's not have a public display here
Tante is only stating the obvious

What are you talking about moli? Did you watch the video? My comments are only on how the video was really a great idea. Why are you so hostile toward me? Do you all really not understand where I'm coming from? If not, then I really am not being of any help, and I'll leave.
NO. I don't want to watch or read anything from you. You have been very annoying, i don't think you even realize how annoying you are!!

Now - ugh

Girls - PLEASE

Everybody just needs to relax

Each one of you are helpful
Please do get all crazy and what not

btw, could you fix your faucet and Insight site pls, thanks :)
Resyncing insight now. Had to blow away the database due to fork issues.

My v.38 wallet is stuck on block 93986 anyone else seeing this? I hadn't resynced this local wallet for a week or three but it won't get passed this silly block. Is it one of hte first super blocks?

I've not been keeping up since I lost all my testnet coins on the rollback - lame - sorry but
Are we all working with 38? and moving on as norm now?

I got lost

Back