• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.1 - InstantX Release

Ok so I'll post as well. When I add recipient to send to more than one address in one tx the txs don't get broadcasted. Need to reopen with zapwallettxes to get the coins resent as single payments and this way work perfect. I resynced from bootstrap and has the same result.
Yep, avoid sending to several recipients for now pls. Fix is already merged and will be available in next release :)

Yep, avoid sending to several recipients for now pls. Fix is already merged and will be available in next release :)
Thnx Udjin :)
I knew it was a bug ;)
New ver will bring much LOL :)

So that's why, when you open the receiving wallet immediately after sending the transaction, it's not there in the transactions yet? I thought that it should show right away.
It does show immediately. You can test to see this by creating two wallets and let them run side by side on your computer, then send some DRK from one wallet to the other and you can see how it happens.

It does show immediately. You can test to see this by creating two wallets and let them run side by side on your computer, then send some DRK from one wallet to the other and you can see how it happens.
I'm talking about sending from a live wallet to a cold offline wallet, and then starting up the cold wallet immediately after. Can you try that, and see what you get?

I'm talking about sending from a live wallet to a cold offline wallet, and then starting up the cold wallet immediately after. Can you try that, and see what you get?
Crowing said, "No, when you send via IX the receiver immediately gets 5 confirmations, and with the next POW block gets the transaction fully confirmed, no matter whether you close your sending wallet or not." I think she meant it doesn't matter if you send to a live or cold wallet, (but obviously we have to send from a live wallet. )

I think this issue is a bit confusing as I was confused before too. And I just ran an InstantX tx, then closed and opened the receiver's wallet, not sure if this can help you with this question but I'll put them up here in a few min.

Crowing said, "No, when you send via IX the receiver immediately gets 5 confirmations, and with the next POW block gets the transaction fully confirmed, no matter whether you close your sending wallet or not." I think she meant it doesn't matter if you send to a live or cold wallet, (but obviously we have to send from a live wallet. )

I think this issue is a bit confusing as I was confused before too. And I just ran an InstantX tx, then closed and opened the receiver's wallet, not sure if this can help you with this question but I'll put them up here in a few min.
No, try it with the receiver wallet offline while you do the InstantX transaction. Wait a second, and THEN boot up the receiver wallet. What do you see then? I didn't see anything.

It could just be a UI issue that will be sorted out later...
Ok I just did the test.
You are correct that it didn't show up when I opened the receiver's wallet.
BUT.. after a few seconds it did show up.
Here are some screenshots:

Sender's wallet sent 1 DRK to a cold wallet via InstantX, then I started the receiver's wallet:

upload_2015-2-20_1-0-37.png

At first I didn't see the 1DRK on the receiver's wallet and I was surprised, but then it showed up right after that:

upload_2015-2-20_1-2-19.png

Here's the transaction screens of both wallets. Notice that the receiver's wallet IX transaction (in yellow square) has fallen back into a PoW transaction, like crowning said:

upload_2015-2-20_1-4-38.png

This is another InstantX transaction that I did earlier. It was a successful IX transaction with 5 confirmations verified via InstantX:

upload_2015-2-20_2-46-25.png

Then the next POW block rolls around, it looks like the transactions got full confirmation with 6 confirmations:

upload_2015-2-20_2-48-54.png

By then I closed, and then reopened the receiver's wallet. Now it shows the transaction got only 1 POW confirmation:

upload_2015-2-20_2-51-51.png

I then tried to spend this money by sending it via InstantX after selecting the amount from the Coin Control.
But InstantX did not allow because it had only 1 POW confirmation and InstantX requires at least 6 POW confirmations:

upload_2015-2-20_2-56-10.png

I then tried to spend this amount by sending it without using InstantX, and it would be okay:

upload_2015-2-20_2-59-51.png

This is another InstantX transaction that I did earlier. It was a successful IX transaction with 5

You are right, its was the same in testnet, I have confirmed the same, when it says 7 transactions you must subtract by 5 to get the real number of confirmations which shows when the wallet is reset. I seem to remember Evan saying something needs to be enabled in a future version?

Some further test results showing the instant but delayed confirmations in the blocks.
Edit: sorry about the formating it went go right :(:)

number of wallet confirmations and local time

Coin A sent by instantX at time = 09:21 6@09:22 7@09:24 6@09:28 8@09:30 WALLET IS 8@09:31 12@09:46
Coin B sent by instantX at time = 09:22 5@09:22 6@09:24 10@09:28 7@09:30 RESET HERE 7@09:31 11@09:46

Note the roll back with Coin A from 7 confirmations to 6 between times 09:24 and 09:28
And also the rise from 6 confirmations at 09:24 with coin B to 10 confirmations (done in 6 real minutes of time) and then the blockchain confirmation times assert themselves at time 09:30 with 7 confirmations.

Conclusion: The real block confirmations have to catch up with the instantX 5 confirmation times, and will eventually become alligned but with a degree of overshoot and randomness until they reach parity allignment.

You are right, its was the same in testnet, I have confirmed the same, when it says 7 transactions you must subtract by 5 to get the real number of confirmations which shows when the wallet is reset. I seem to remember Evan saying something needs to be enabled in a future version?
I'm not sure. I learned this reset first from you during Testnet, (and thanks :smile:). Then later I had another discussion with Evan and Aswan in IRC to clarify some stuff I was still confused about.

Probably a lot of people think the IX confirmations are the block confirmations but they're not, IX locks in the transactions, but POW still has to finish the work.

Ok I just did the test.
You are correct that it didn't show up when I opened the receiver's wallet.
BUT.. after a few seconds it did show up.
Here are some screenshots:

Sender's wallet sent 1 DRK to a cold wallet via InstantX, then I started the receiver's wallet:

View attachment 1027

At first I didn't see the 1DRK on the receiver's wallet and I was surprised, but then it showed up right after that:

View attachment 1028

Here's the transaction screens of both wallets. Notice that the receiver's wallet IX transaction (in yellow square) has fallen back into a PoW transaction, like crowning said:

View attachment 1029
Thanks for clarifying. Now I know I'm not going crazy...

I'm not sure. I learned this reset first from you during Testnet, (and thanks :smile:). Then later I had another discussion with Evan and Aswan in IRC to clarify some stuff I was still confused about.

Probably a lot of people think the IX confirmations are the block confirmations but they're not, IX locks in the transactions, but POW still has to finish the work.
IX now is an advanced version of the earlier draft idea. But most improvements are "under the hood" and some UI restrictions are handled in a dirty way. Car polishing will not happen in a massive way while we are tuning the engine, suspension etc I guess... But once we are done with internals we'll need to put some nice paint all over it for sure.... wroom wroom :cool:

IX now is an advanced version of the earlier draft idea. But most improvements are "under the hood" and some UI restrictions are handled in a dirty way. Car polishing will not happen in a massive way while we are tuning the engine, suspension etc I guess... But once we are done with internals we'll need to put some nice paint all over it for sure.... wroom wroom :cool:
How about a nice metallic-blue color?:smile:

Yes I've noticed this is a much better version than the first Testnet version... So you're saying we're going to see a much better IX version soon? :)

On a side note and off topic for a second... your post talking about cars reminds me of some YT videos, here's one of them:

VROOM VROOM!! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back