• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan, somehow i have no luck using Darksend today:

Node#1

Code:
darksendtest@ip-10-123-167-211:~$ darkcoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 101203,
    "protocolversion" : 70021,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 4999.98500000,
    "blocks" : 1802,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.67894328,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1406013070,
    "keypoolsize" : 1001,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00100000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}
darksendtest@ip-10-123-167-211:~$ darkcoind masternode current
184.73.179.187:19999
darksendtest@ip-10-123-167-211:~$ darkcoind darksend denominate 990
No valid MasterNode
darksendtest@ip-10-123-167-211:~$

Node#2

Code:
darksendtest@ip-10-156-144-57:~$ darkcoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 101203,
    "protocolversion" : 70021,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 4999.97400000,
    "blocks" : 1802,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 10,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.67894328,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1406005129,
    "keypoolsize" : 1001,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00100000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}
darksendtest@ip-10-156-144-57:~$ darkcoind masternode current
184.73.179.187:19999
darksendtest@ip-10-156-144-57:~$ darkcoind darksend denominate 990
darksendtest@ip-10-156-144-57:~$

Why is Node#1 returning "No valid MasterNode"? And it seems that "denominate" command is not creating transactions at all, at least i see none in the blockchain explorer.

EDIT: and it seems masternode current is fixed to 184.73.179.187:19999 for several blocks now, whereas payee is changing - isn't it supposed to use the same code?

chaeplin please add 'current masternode' to http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1805.txt - thanks!

EDIT2: Thanks chaeplin

Masternode selector is now moving again, but was static for at least block 1814 - 1820 - i guess that's not the way it should work :)

http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1814.txt
http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1815.txt
http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1816.txt
http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1817.txt
http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1818.txt
http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1819.txt
http://tdrk.poolhash.org/blocks/masterlist/1820.txt

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not know if it is important but i received a payment on block 1726 while my node was still on V11.01 and not listed into the masternodelist.

afdfd77593de8f91abcbb1a6fbb6481459fe7b6a95a5416cc2fe30e8bef8535e
11.1? what's that? 12.1?

As this was transition phase from 12.1 to 12.3 and network did not have consensus yet i would put this in category "uncritical" - if it keeps occuring we need to have a look at this though...
If it's 11.x it's quite critical, isnt it?

hi guys, i have xubuntu ready to help you with MN ... but i dont have static IP on that PC
but i have setup no-ip ddns.net adress... can i use it to help you guys?
this way i can learn and help you guys!

hi guys, i have xubuntu ready to help you with MN ... but i dont have static IP on that PC
but i have setup no-ip ddns.net adress... can i use it to help you guys?
this way i can learn and help you guys!
A static IP is mandatory for running a masternode - nevertheless it's possible to run one on dynamic IP (but you will have to regenerate your masternodeprivkey each time your IP changes)

So if it's just for the learning: open port 19999 on your router, read through this whole thread (especially where we advice how to run a testnet masternode), download either qt or daemond version of masternode wallet (v0.10.12.3), start up on testnet and come back with a testnet address :)

Evan, somehow i have no luck using Darksend today:
darksendtest@ip-10-156-144-57:~$ darkcoind darksend denominate 990
A HA!
This works, I didn't realise you had to do it manually. (Then I had to make sure nothing was already checked under coin control to send it using 'Use Darksend Inputs Only')

:smile:

A HA!
This works, I didn't realise you had to do it manually. (Then I had to make sure nothing was already checked under coin control to send it using 'Use Darksend Inputs Only')

:smile:
I don't know if it 'works' - actually it does nothing for me, i don't see any transactions on the blockchain explorer...

Seems to work for me with the qt wallet. The Darksend status thing still seems to wait for 3 inputs though, so I 'darksend denominate 999' 3 times, and suddenly there's a bunch of denominated change under coin control. After doing it 3 times if I try again I get an error 'already have than vin' and have to wait a while to denominate another three batches.

All the denominated change comes back to the same change address though?

edit: been denominating from address n4S6b2JGYAkCuEQastTV6vb2DrWaHcSZsY and it all comes back denominated to address mrjPRm4nwS2C4AHsQFeWh6oX5yj33QktGx

Seems to work for me with the qt wallet. The Darksend status thing still seems to wait for 3 inputs though, so I 'darksend denominate 999' 3 times, and suddenly there's a bunch of denominated change under coin control. After doing it 3 times if I try again I get an error 'already have than vin' and have to wait a while to denominate another three batches.

All the denominated change comes back to the same change address though?

edit: been denominating from address n4S6b2JGYAkCuEQastTV6vb2DrWaHcSZsY and it all comes back denominated to address mrjPRm4nwS2C4AHsQFeWh6oX5yj33QktGx

You are right! Issued the command on three clients, and then it worked - thanks!

Nevertheless darksending to another adress still returns

Code:
error: {"code":-4,"message":"Insufficient funds"}

You are right! Issued the command on three clients, and then it worked - thanks!

Nevertheless darksending to another adress still returns

Code:
error: {"code":-4,"message":"Insufficient funds"}
Make sure you dont have any undenominated balances checked under Coin Control. Or from the daemon I guess you'd do listaddress groupings then specify which one to send from.

I'm itching to join testnet!! Unfortunately I'm terribly busy this week. I am envious of you guys :tongue: - doing my very best to keep up with this thread

Is it worth a quick word to the newfangled wallet designers that they might need to reserve some GUI space for an 'Anonymise Coins' button and an Anonymised Balance label? ;)

While I'm at it, we can't anonymise or denominate our existing MN 1000DRK without disabling the node - I suppose we'll need to redo the 1000DRK lump with preprivatised coin if we want that untraceable.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm at it, we can't anonymise or denominate our existing MN 1000DRK without disabling the node - I suppose we'll need to redo the 1000DRK lump with preprivatised coin if we want that untraceable.

Yeah, was thinking about that too - so either MN funds will not be denominated, or you need to use anonymized coins for the 1000DRK vin :smile:

Seems to work for me with the qt wallet. The Darksend status thing still seems to wait for 3 inputs though, so I 'darksend denominate 999' 3 times, and suddenly there's a bunch of denominated change under coin control.

From Evan's announcement for Darksend+, I was under the impression that everything was automated: "The mixing and denomination process is seamless, automatic, and requires no intervention on the part of the user.".

I'm not sure why you would need to 'darksend denominate' manually.

From Evan's announcement for Darksend+, I was under the impression that everything was automated: "The mixing and denomination process is seamless, automatic, and requires no intervention on the part of the user.".

I'm not sure why you would need to 'darksend denominate' manually.
When RC4 is finished this will be the case for sure, but for now i needed to trigger it manually

Nevertheless i did not manage to darksend to another wallet yet, the coins stay in the source wallet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back