• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO... I think I've got an interesting case... My wallet balance had only 3.09332094 DRK left, and 0 Anonymized. Got (4 locked) but the wallet had stopped denominating for a while. However, I could not send even 1 DRK away by using DS or not-DS. So, I right clicked on the locked amounts on the coin control screen and selected "Unlock unspent" and unlocked the 4 amounts. Right away the wallet anonymized 2.00000002 DRK. BUT I STILL CAN'T DARKSEND THE 2 DRK!!!
upload_2014-8-10_1-33-6.png

However, I can send 3 DRK by using "NO PREFERENCE"... Is this correct how it's supposed to work? I am so confused now... lol

upload_2014-8-10_1-39-56.png

EDIT: I think the reason I couldn't Darksend the 2 DRK was because of the fee. I just tried to send 1.5 DRK and it asked for a fee of 0.001 DRK. What confuses me is earlier I sent a few amounts much higher (50, 40..) but didn't have to pay a fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
shouldn't the fee come out of your balance instead of what you're sending? I mean, people will be sending payments and then it won't be the amount they expected that is sent. It's best for that to be automatic, no? I mean, what your intend to send should be what is sent... know what I mean?
Hi Tante,
This was from an exchange and no, they want you to add it in the amount you want to send. It also depends on each exchange. I overlooked and forgot.

EDIT: I think the reason I couldn't Darksend the 2 DRK was because of the fee. I just tried to send 1.5 DRK and it asked for a fee of 0.001 DRK. What confuses me is earlier I sent a few amounts much higher (50, 40..) but didn't have to pay a fee.
Transaction fee is calculated by "size of transaction script in kB", not "amount".

A transaction of 1.5 DRK will have to use 6 denom inputs (1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1) whereas 40 DRK can use only 4 (10 + 10 + 10 + 10).

You can check how large the transaction is in bytes using coin control. If it's > 1024 bytes expect a fee of 0.001 DRK.

Transaction fee is calculated by "size of transaction script in kB", not "amount".

A transaction of 1.5 DRK will have to use 6 denom inputs (1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1) whereas 40 DRK can use only 4 (10 + 10 + 10 + 10).

You can check how large the transaction is in bytes using coin control. If it's > 1024 bytes expect a fee of 0.001 DRK.
Oh I see... Thanks, flare. I think I read it before. I'll look more into this, gotta get some sleep now. Thanks again.

Wasn't the limit lifted to 5000 bytes for the starting fee in previous version (0.x.11.x)?
I am able to send without fees up to that size with windows darkcoin-qt v0.9.11.6. This wasn't the case before (it was 1024 indeed).

Wasn't the limit lifted to 5000 bytes for the starting fee in previous version (0.x.11.x)?
I am able to send without fees up to that size with windows darkcoin-qt v0.9.11.6. This wasn't the case before (it was 1024 indeed).
Maybe - was not aware of this lift tbh. Doesn't change the way fees are calculated though :)

Emptied my anonymized balance, wallet unlocked, and 2h later no denominations happening.
Whats the console command to kick start it?

Dear Darkcoin testers, dear all,

i want to say "Thank you" in the name of the dev team. The reports of bugs are very, very useful for us, and each is helping us making Darkcoin a better piece of software.

As we see a lot of feedback coming from non Linux users, we feel encouraged that it was the right approach to make Windows and OSX builds of RC4 publicly available.

Keep up the great work,
Holger (aka flare) - Darkcoin Dev Team

Rather than having an Auto anonymization setup via the config file, it would be better to give the option to setup through Windows GUI.
No auto anonymization.

Option:
Number of DRK to anony and Darksend rounds for that amount.

i want to say "Thank you" in the name of the dev team. The reports of bugs are very, very useful for us, and each is helping us making Darkcoin a better piece of software.

As we see a lot of feedback coming from non Linux users, we feel encouraged that it was the right approach to make Windows and OSX builds of RC4 publicly available.

Keep up the great work,
This souds like "we finished rc4" :grin:

Keep up the great work,
Thanks for acknowledging everyone's efforts and keeping up the morale!
In light of improvements to software, I was wondering if the dev team is using any bug tracking software e.g. Bugzilla? There seems to be enough chatter here that it's possible some reported bugs could get overlooked. Also, would the community be comfortable with using something like Bugzilla to enter their findings?
We all want RC4 to be flawless, and installing some discipline at this point this may serve us well in that endeavor.

Can someone send me a debug.log right after coins are locked and don't unlock? That would be super helpful, I'm having trouble reproducing this one. If you see it happen, pleas send it to [email protected]
just sent an email.. noticed after starting my wallet again and it trying to anonymize further (only needs 500 drk to go)
it places 500 on lock. Not sure if it stays locked though... for now i will asume it will.

Edit : okay, i found out that it places several coins on lock (1 amount of 500 drk & 2 seperate fees) after these msg's :

darkSend Status => Your transaction was accepted to pool
darkSend Status => (entries 1/2)
darkSend Status => waiting for more entries (1/2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone send me a debug.log right after coins are locked and don't unlock? That would be super helpful, I'm having trouble reproducing this one. If you see it happen, pleas send it to [email protected]
You have mail - 2 small trans locked in these files

edit: Now they are unlocked - hummmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back