• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 320

yidakee What version are you using?

I'm almost convinced that the 64bit linux QT version does not denominate.

Edit: Also noticed that unconfirmed transactions do not show up as unconfirmed in the overview section of the wallet.

Linux 64bit v0.10.12.16-beta

Have you tried to resync from start ? (by making backup of wallet.dat, delete testnet3 folder, start darkcoin, stop darkcoin, replace wallet.dat with your wallet.dat and start darkcoin with reindex command)

edit : never mind.. saw yr earlier post at which you fixed it in your darkcoin.conf and got it to denominate .. good to hear

Propulsion, good to know that it works! I still can't figure out why my masternode doesn't show up for everyone else. I made sure the port was unblocked.

EDIT: Just turned off IPv6 to see if that can help with masternode issues.

Got it to denominate!
Seems like my configuration file was preventing it.

I simply changed it to:
Code:
testnet=1

Even with my wallet launched with the previous configuration file and the masternode off, it wouldn't work.

You proved the importance of clean install :tongue:
I think your case is very useful and beneficial for others. Thanks.

You proved the importance of clean install :tongue:
I think your case is very useful and beneficial for others. Thanks.

Ha! I love being a test case causing borderline panic and then finding once again the solution is on my side. (as usual)

I don't think you understand. I can provide servers but no expertise. I'm offering them to a dev to help set up testnet mnodes for example.
I'm still trying to work out why I can't get the wallet onto testnet :D
If you're using an RC4 qt wallet, just put 'testnet=1' without the quotes in your darkcoin.conf file, nothing else. Then fire up the client, or restart it if already running. Grab tDRK from the faucet: https://drkipn.com/test/faucet/ and play around with it.

I haven't got time today to set up any MNs but if you're able to provide someone here with login credentials to a user account on your spare Amazon VPS's I'm sure they can be put to use.

I've got time to fire up 4 to 6 this evening but would only hand access over to a dev. If anybody wants to volunteer, PM me.

WOW this version is fast and smooth. Closing the lid and opening again, 1 minute later, another round. Up to 5, no collateral. I haven't deleted anything off testnet3, just replacing QT.

I'm with Tante here... thinking mainnet... how does one lock the wallet without going to console and doing "walletlock" ?

WOW this version is fast and smooth. Closing the lid and opening again, 1 minute later, another round. Up to 5, no collateral. I haven't deleted anything off testnet3, just replacing QT.

I'm with Tante here... thinking mainnet... how does one lock the wallet without going to console and doing "walletlock" ?
Not possible at the moment.

Ha! I love being a test case causing borderline panic and then finding once again the solution is on my side. (as usual)
Congrats! You discovered an important feature for local/remote masternode setup. Using GUI-client as local wallet, masternode=1 disables denomination and keeps your 1000 drk input intact. No need for a special GUI-switch. Works as expected on Win also.

Interesting (to me anyway). I just grabbed 1000tdrk and they just wouldn't confirm. Then I remembered that I previously had this PC set up for solo mining from ages ago. As soon as I removed the extras in the .conf file, tdrk cleared.

Sorry, well aware that I must sound like a five year old compared to you lot!

Interesting (to me anyway). I just grabbed 1000tdrk and they just wouldn't confirm. Then I remembered that I previously had this PC set up for solo mining from ages ago. As soon as I removed the extras in the .conf file, tdrk cleared.

Sorry, well aware that I must sound like a five year old compared to you lot!

Not at all, we're all in new waters here! Thats cool to know too and could bring light about something something!

I've literally just popped my RC4 cherry.
First impressions, denom is taking longer than I expected but I wouldn't call it slow at all.
Second impression, the n/a address and tiny "fees" will confuse those with even less experience than me.

Edit: I had 1000tdrk and just sent 500tdrk back to the faucet. I wasn't expecting the remainder of my balance to be re-denominated but I guess that makes sense.

I've literally just popped my RC4 cherry.
First impressions, denom is taking longer than I expected but I wouldn't call it slow at all.
Second impression, the n/a address and tiny "fees" will confuse those with even less experience than me.

Edit: I had 1000tdrk and just sent 500tdrk back to the faucet. I wasn't expecting the remainder of my balance to be re-denominated but I guess that makes sense.
I agree, I saw a n/a "payment to self", it sort of freaked me out, but about 15 min later I was denominating.

My wife is looking at me as if I've totally lost it. She says she has never seen me having this much fun. I need to get out more.

Question: will this process be faster in an environment with 800+ masternodes?
It should be faster on main-net not because there are more MNs but because there will be more people denominating and available and wanting to pool alongside you with compatible amounts. (I think!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back