• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Transaction stuck in Android app for a day?

Iban

Wasn't able to post in Support forum (didn't see a new post button?).
I sent out this transaction yesterday to Xf7TsrZtr6bDbKQaHE7A38i6KHe5LGKrPZ, it seems stuck in the app, (android dash wallet v. 4.65.12.1M) can i get any help with this? (mod will add photo and link to transaction not found)

Edit: Mod forgot to add my screenshot and link :( The screenshot can be seen at: i *dot imgur *dot *com *slash K8308aw *dot jpg

https://explorer.dash.org/chain/Das...c00bada4dfb50c7c0b3cd08641019be6b635ad0cff76d

rh8uzf5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So did I lose my $40 bucks? If so, this will be a first time in my 3 year history of using cryptocurrency that I lost money on a technical failure.

It clearly says that this transaction has not been broadcast.
Connect to internet..... broadcast ..... SENT
You should be ok....

restart wallet or phone this is the old app (new one came out today) and these "stuck" should not happen anymore

just blockchain related- your coins are still there as never broadcasted

Last edited:
Well I did restart the app and also my phone but doesn't seem to help. tx still just sitting there greyed out. the phone is connected to the internet but there is no "re-broadcast" button and it is not happening automatically. You said this is an old version, but my Play app is not showing an update available for this app. My only option now, it seems, is to clear data, and restore my backup? WOuld this even help?

Camosoul, i didnt post this as a platform for you to express your misgivings and personal prejudices with the Dash community. You offered nothing substantial towards solving the issue in my thread. Pls don't troll my thread.

Last edited:
Well I did restart the app and also my phone but doesn't seem to help. tx still just sitting there greyed out. the phone is connected to the internet but there is no "re-broadcast" button and it is not happening automatically. My only option now, it seems, is to clear data, update, and restore my backup? does that sound right?
Careful with uninstalling, they delete everything including the wallet.dat without warning.

Be 100% sure of your backup. If yo can extract the raw privkey, do it. Then you can import it to a dashcore wallet, which is the only thing that's being paid attention to for the last 2 years with any seriousness. If you keep fooling around with the mobile wallets, you'll probably lose everything.

This situation is exceedingly sloppy, and nobody gives a shit. That is why @Solarminer and I have given up on it.

@Minotaur - this is what you're causing by focusing o silliness and failing to do anything that actually matters. We've got another example of someone loosing over an entire MN worth of DASH due to your policy of snowflake protectionism... You played games to make sure that you and @babygiraffe would have total power. You damn well best stop being grossly negligent with it.

Snowflake protectionism results in bad things, be it by their own actions, or those who take advantage. There is no substitute for education and responsibility. The mobile walets are in such a sad state of neglect that they should be warned against use.

But, that wouldn't suit the pump, would it?

You're getting greedy, neglecting reality, and shit is falling apart...

Last edited:
Just turn on the phone
Pull up the wallet and send yourself 0.1 DASH while internet connected
Set the phone down and wait.....
.....then report back

Do not uninstall and revert to the back up - ugh

This problem usually happens when connectivity between the app and the Dash Network is lost or there are less than 5 peers connected. However it is possible that there is another cause. This recent update did include a better peer list for connectivity than the previous version.

First Question: is the app connected to any peers if you go to Network Monitor from the navigation menu?

Second Question: Can you send a report using the Settings | Diagnositics | report issue (this will also tell me if there are any peers connected).

Typically, restarting the app will solve the issue, if the app connects to the network (1 peer is only required) and the app will send out the transaction.

If none of the that works, then resetting the blockchain in Settings | Diagnostics | reset blockchain. This does require a network connection.

The coins are not lost. They are still in the app's wallet, since the transaction hasn't been sent out (the block explorer reports that the transaction doesn't exist).

@HashEngineering Thanks for your reply, I only read it now, and have previously cleared data and then restored wallet. The wallet was restored successfully, however, the balance is showing as zero. The app just says "Synchronization pending..." I assume you are right about not being able to reach 5 peers, my internet is very slow.

"First Question: is the app connected to any peers if you go to Network Monitor from the navigation menu?"
YES

"Second Question: Can you send a report using the Settings | Diagnositics | report issue (this will also tell me if there are any peers connected)."
DONE

My questions:
Is there a way I can manually add a peer?
or
Is there a way to retrieve my private key from the app?

Thank u and hoping for your speedy reply :)

Yes, you can go to Settings | Settings to add a Trusted Peer. Let me check for emails. [EDIT: Did not receive any emails.]

So, the sync process requires a connection to the Dash Network as well, so you balance will appear as Zero (0) until it syncs with the Dash Blockchain.

There currently isn't an easy way to get the private keys out of the wallet.

Last edited:
Sorry, I think the email didn't send the first time, will send it again. Appreciate your help. Synchronization still pending for several hours but balance is active and seems i can send my balance out...should i try it? Or should i wait until the synchronization finishes?

Note: i still dot see available update on the Play store.
Note 2: are u able to speed up my sync by giving me a trusted peer to add?

Last edited:
sorry for the late reply. My email is [email protected].

Here are a list of nodes that could be input as a Trusted Peer.

You should allow the blockchain to sync before sending out Dash. You can check if it is synced by going to Network Monitor, look at the block numbers on the peer list and then swipe to see the "Blocks" and see if the top Block Number is equal to the block count on the peers. Also, if the block time at the top is in the past few minutes (like it will say 2 minutes ago), then the blockchain is synced.

If you send a transaction with less than 5 connections, then the app will wait until there are 5 connections. However, if the app is restarted (by closing it using the Android way of closing an app), then when it restarts it will only look for 1 connnection to send. That is the normal behavior.

Unfortunately, with this app, there is no way to export the seed words to use in another app such as Coinomi. There is a way to backup the wallet in a password protected file and then restore it (which I believe you have already done).

You have the latest version that exists (based on your previous messages).

I hope that in this is a simple solution, but if turns out there is a special bug here, it may take longer to figure out.

Back