• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Tornado Dash - The Killer DAPP!

xkcd

Masternode Owner/Operator
I would like to see a DAPP similar to Tornado Cash on Platform once it launches, I think it will have most of the features we need to implement it. This would be the killer DAPP and take Dash's privacy into the future by 10 years and provide world class privacy at our finger tips at an instant and for low cost.

SwirleD.png

The DAPP would essentially work the same way as Tornado Cash used to work, you send in credits using your identity and withdraw them using a new identity breaking the link from your old identity and new identity.

torncash.PNG

More information on how it works can be found in this medium article.

Specifically for Dash, the work flow would be, you already have an Evo identity and moved in some Dash from the L1 via asset pool, or perhaps you have accumulated masternode rewards, which you would like to dissociate from your identity. You would then access the DAPP via a VPN or via TOR, it gives you a contract address to deposit to and a commitment note which you need to redeem the credits later. At this point you log out of that identity and VPN, close the browser and you either create a new identity, or use one you already have, connect back to the DAPP on a fresh VPN, new TOR link and submit your commitment note and the service spits out uniformly denominated credits to your identity. Alternatively, if you don't want to use an existing identity to withdraw from, the DAPP can create one for you, give you the seed words and fund it for you from some of your credits in the DAPP and then spit out the uniform denominations to your new identity.

This type of mixing with credits would be complementary to our regular L1 mixing, where you are free to mix credits after converting them back to Dash, or also before sending them into Torando Dash in the first instance.

The advantages of this type of mixing are enormous, firstly, it doesn't need a full copy of the blockchain and a synced wallet, it doesn't require you to be online the whole duration of the mixing, it is fully web enabled and would be accessible anywhere in the world, especially designed to go from mobile, since user names will be integrated with the mobile wallet, it can be a tight integration with the mobile wallet, for example, the mobile wallet could support switch 'accounts' where it can have a list of seed phrases (different identities) and swap between them, the DAPP could even be integrated directly into the mobile wallet. We can dream right!?

Unlike on Ethereum, Tornado Dash would be leveraging Dash's superior decentralisation which renders it unstoppable, there is no way to stop it, attack it, even if the front end were somehow taken down, the core contract would still run and be accessible on every Evo nodes.

I've linked the whitepaper below. Here is the smartcontact on Etherscan as it currently stands. https://etherscan.io/address/0x12d66f87a04a9e220743712ce6d9bb1b5616b8fc#code and the so called router, still seeing some usage https://etherscan.io/address/0xd90e2f925da726b50c4ed8d0fb90ad053324f31b#code Here is the link to the github https://github.com/tornadocash/tornado-core/tree/master

I am not technical enough to put this altogether and get it working on Platform, I am not sure if the first release of platform would even have all the features we need to implement this, eg zk-snarks? But I hope the community get behind this and someone who can move this forward replies to this thread and we get the ball rolling. Of course there could be some funding for the work involved as well through the incubator or the DAO directly.

Attachments

• TornadoCash_whitepaper_v1.4.pdf
    176.9 KB · Views: 63
Unfortunately, without smart contracts or custom data triggers it is only possible on the backend now, plus I don't remember if there is credit transfers yet in the system.

Smart contracts will enable all the stuff we use to see in other systems - tokens, stablecoins, defi, nft and many other. Because in order to build it on the protocol level, you must have tool for creating access and modify logic of the documents in your data contract. In other words, when person wants to submit something into particular data contract, you want his data and ownership to be verified against you business logic.

Not too technical, but for a bit more background about Tornado Cash, please check out the 5-minute newsreel that proceeded the July 3rd Incubator WEEKLY:

Unfortunately, without smart contracts or custom data triggers it is only possible on the backend now, plus I don't remember if there is credit transfers yet in the system.

Smart contracts will enable all the stuff we use to see in other systems - tokens, stablecoins, defi, nft and many other. Because in order to build it on the protocol level, you must have tool for creating access and modify logic of the documents in your data contract. In other words, when person wants to submit something into particular data contract, you want his data and ownership to be verified against you business logic.

This is good to know, I will follow up with @QuantumExplorer and see if it isn't in v1.0 if we can get these features in the one of the first upgrades following release. Not only is a mixer the killer dapp, but also the ability to build a trustless fully collateralised stable coin on Dash, as far as I know only DAI is currently, and it is in part backed by legacy finance assets, eg bonds and cash which makes it less decentralised.

This is good to know, I will follow up with @QuantumExplorer and see if it isn't in v1.0 if we can get these features in the one of the first upgrades following release. Not only is a mixer the killer dapp, but also the ability to build a trustless fully collateralised stable coin on Dash, as far as I know only DAI is currently, and it is in part backed by legacy finance assets, eg bonds and cash which makes it less decentralised.
And also, the tornado Cash developer is free now. So we have nothing to be afraid of. Lets code tornado Dash ASAP.

Back