• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

To ( dark side of ) the moon!

Could anyone tell what to expect from darkcoin price in the future.?
Maybe 1 darkcoin = 1 bitcoin? I think this could be possible.
What do you think?

I did that some time ago:
The answer is quite short. Darkcoin will hit $100 faster than you can imagine.
Let's compare it with Bitcoin and Litecoin.

Bitcoin
  • All time high ~ $1200
  • 150 BTC generated per hour
  • 21M total coins
Litecoin
  • All time high ~ $50
  • 600 LTC generated per hour
  • 84M total coins
Darkcoin
  • All time high ~ $15
  • 120 DRK generated per hour
  • 21M total coins
Do you see the potential? DRK is more rare than Bitcoin. I'm not saying DRK will bypass BTC in per-coin-value soon, but looking at the numbers this might be possible in distant future. The only difference is that Bitcoin is widely accepted, Darkcoin not (yet).

If Litecoin can hit $50, Darkcoin can go much further...
TL;DR DRK is more rare than Bitcoin.

If anyone was able to give you an accurate answer they would be a millionaire.

There are far too many variables in play to make a realistic prediction. It is possible a new coin is released that shames even bitcoin into submission that makes all coins before it completely obsolete. Likely? No, but there are too many unpredictable events possible to answer your question.

This coin can easily be worth hundreds some day.
If anyone was able to give you an accurate answer they would be a millionaire.

There are far too many variables in play to make a realistic prediction. It is possible a new coin is released that shames even bitcoin into submission that makes all coins before it completely obsolete. Likely? No, but there are too many unpredictable events possible to answer your question.
nj47 what makes you think there aren't millionaires on these forums? :cool: and there will be alot more from Darkcoin speculators.
Darkcoin was made just a bit better all around then Bitcoin; Referencing to "Drk are more rare" and those facts.
Darkcoin is the real premier anon crypto. Let the mainstream have their Btc, while we develop a technology to outlast
Drk appears to be this big work in progress and once eduffield has it right, THEN the price can explode and become comparable to what is bitcoin now. Yes, I am very enthusiastic about Darkcoin and Bitcoin.
Either way, Bitcoin's price is not high enough and Drk is a total steal at $5 and some change.

Last edited by a moderator:
This coin can be worth hundreds easily.

nj47 what makes you think there aren't millionaires on these forums? :cool: and there will be alot more from Darkcoin speculators.
Darkcoin was made just a bit better all around then Bitcoin. referencing to "Drk are more rare" and those facts.
Darkcoin is the real premier anon crypto. Let the mainstream have their btc, while we develop a technology to outlast
Drk appears now to be this big work in progress and once eduffield has it right, THEN the price can become comparable to what is bitcoin now.
Either way, bitcoin's price is not high enough and Drk is total steal at $5 and some change.

I don't disagree - I have been buying a substantial amount of darkcoin at this price and am confident in a very nice ROI. That being said, I know perfectly well if a fatal flaw is discovered, that my investment may not even be worth a single penny.

I'm sure there are millionaires on the forum already, I more meant that accurately predicting the future is impossible. If someone could do it they would be a millionaire on that outlet alone. Many people do that by getting lucky, but many of them also lose massive amounts of money when they learn that they actually can't predict the future and it was luck, not skill, that got them where they were.

Man plans and G*d laughs.
Yes well, we are all part of the Darkcoin speculation, as side of Drk being a great investment opportunity, it is actually some very cutting edge stuff. You have to get to know your team to fall in love with the coin, their real names and how long they plan to work. I know eduffield and team can pull it off. That is why I am here and no where else. Took me a while to grasp how smart the Darkcoin team is.

lets not get ahead of yourselfes !
i agree the price will go up
but
lets get RC4 out and working
and then we (all of us ...Twitter, FB, write articles ,.....) have to promote this coin as it is still very unknown to the world
and then we can hit
US$ 20- 40 - 100 .... and da moon ...>>

I was having fun calculating is 1BTC = 1DRK possible, based on the world's shadow economy data:

Darkcoin considerations:

* 22.67% of the world's economy is shadow economy;
* if Bitcoin is (controlled) and DRK not; if 100% of all legal transactions are made in BTC, 22.67% are still left for DRK
* on May 29, 2014, DRK = $10.96 vs. BTC = $614.38
* on May 29, 2014 DRK / BTC 0.01811
* on May 29, 2014 BTC MC is $7,885,362,984
* on May 29, 2014 DRK MC is $47,580,747
* DRK / BTC MC ratio is >>> 0.603406 ( on May 29, 2014)
* if DRK goes to parity of 1 DRK = 1 BTC, DRK MC would be 2667567714
* 1 DRK = 1 BRC gives DRK MC of >>> 33.82923 % of the BTC MC
* 22.67% shadow economy vs. 33.83% max MC ratio ~ some DRK = 0.80 BTC is kind of a max value for DRK
* 4,450% growth in DRK price, or 44.50 more than today is possible :))))))

I was having fun calculating is 1BTC = 1DRK possible, based on the world's shadow economy data:

Darkcoin considerations:

* 22.67% of the world's economy is shadow economy;
* if Bitcoin is (controlled) and DRK not; if 100% of all legal transactions are made in BTC, 22.67% are still left for DRK
* on May 29, 2014, DRK = $10.96 vs. BTC = $614.38
* on May 29, 2014 DRK / BTC 0.01811
* on May 29, 2014 BTC MC is $7,885,362,984
* on May 29, 2014 DRK MC is $47,580,747
* DRK / BTC MC ratio is >>> 0.603406 ( on May 29, 2014)
* if DRK goes to parity of 1 DRK = 1 BTC, DRK MC would be 2667567714
* 1 DRK = 1 BRC gives DRK MC of >>> 33.82923 % of the BTC MC
* 22.67% shadow economy vs. 33.83% max MC ratio ~ some DRK = 0.80 BTC is kind of a max value for DRK
* 4,450% growth in DRK price, or 44.50 more than today is possible :))))))
Too bad it's much more than math :)

I think after the crash of the global economy in 2008, people want something new. Then came Bitcoin and is being increasingly accepted.
But now, many understand that Bitcoin is not perfect at all and can be improved.
The world is waiting for Darkcoin! Everyone wants to have a reliable money and they can say: In Darkcoin we trust!
Thx!

Back