• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Some questions on the whitepaper...

That's actually quite a thought provoking question. I'm practically certain it will because it was decided some time ago to keep the first tier in sync with Bitcoins codebase to both benefit from Bitcoins development and allow Bitcoin based projects to be easily ported to Dash. Simple enough so far but Dash is completely sidestepping the blocksize issue with something on the second tier called DashDrive, basically a distributed storage system that allows the masternodes to share all kinds of data including the blockchain. It gives a crazy amount of storage (potentially exabytes ) but I don't know what kind of changes would be needed in the Bitcoin codebase to use it. I'm guessing none, that each client will use it just like regular disk space and the second tier will manage data consistency as new blocks propagate but I'd imagine building it into the client would be simpler, should be interesting to see how it works out.

The evo whitepapers are a bit out of date, since I believe, the devs are focused on 12.1. They do require more elaboration, esp. DashDrive which is exteremely interesting but the sync'ing between them could be tricky and a source of potential attacks.

From a roadmap I've seen online Evolution is scheduled around early 2019. I am very interested to see the progress. If I find the time I will try to contribute as well.

Any contributions would be very welcome :) I wouldn't really read the Evo paper as a rigid outline and schedule, large open source projects don't really work that way and imho Evolution is more like it's name suggests, a constant process of improvement rather than a specific set of features, some will be in v0.12.1 though.

Back