• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Some advise about a DASH MN desktop app I plan on building..

MrZilch

Hey Guys

Im currently studying computer science . I have done a semester learning python and now were learning java.
I would like to put my skills to use building DASH masternode monitoring software with a nice GUI. I currently use Dash ninja to get the information I need to keep an eye on my MN, but there is a few features missing I would like to see.

these are some of the features I plan on implementing:

• DASH Address Balance
  • DASH Address
  • Master node status
  • payments history list
  • projected MN payments based on previous payments average
  • Masternode IP Address
  • port check status
  • last paid
  • MN active duration
  • last seen
  • Country MN location
  • Total paid (last month)
  • MN Daemon Version
  • P O S Score
As I said a lot of this information is obtainable on dash ninja but some of it is not. (eg. projected MN Payments)
If you have any other good features you think would be useful on a desktop app please leave a response thread.

Now my first question. Where is the best place to obtain this information? eg blockchain information. I plan on parsing the html source to get the required information that way. I have tried to parse the dashninja site but because it uses java script to load the blockchain data it returns the place holder strings. ( $$$ )(i think it uses javascript)

all responses & suggestions are welcomed. ps this could take me a while to get working but when its up and running I will open source the code. I plan on using java.

thanks !

Sound interesting to follow, will help any way can,
from a trading point of view, I would like to see a volumetric display of the size of the transactions going through the dash explorer so I can watch what is happening inside the blockchain but without having to look at the raw numbers, perhaps with an average of each hour for the last 24 hours in a bar chart, if the last 1 hour segment is higher than the 2 hours ago bar then the short term trend is up(small up arrow?) and vice versa, long term trend could be done on daily averages, do you get what I mean?
I would start with the explorer itself, so you need to sum the 'value out' transactions inside a table.
Additionally you could store and average the number of transactions per block, this is an interesting metric as it shows the live action inside the blockchain (and even potential queues if full)

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/

good luck with it!

Sound interesting to follow, will help any way can,
from a trading point of view, I would like to see a volumetric display of the size of the transactions going through the dash explorer so I can watch what is happening inside the blockchain but without having to look at the raw numbers, perhaps with an average of each hour for the last 24 hours in a bar chart, if the last 1 hour segment is higher than the 2 hours ago bar then the short term trend is up(small up arrow?) and vice versa, long term trend could be done on daily averages, do you get what I mean?
I would start with the explorer itself, so you need to sum the 'value out' transactions inside a table.
Additionally you could store and average the number of transactions per block, this is an interesting metric as it shows the live action inside the blockchain (and even potential queues if full)

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/

good luck with it!

Thanks for your response. Ill keep in touch. Great suggestions by the way.

Thanks for your response. Ill keep in touch. Great suggestions by the way.

Not quite masternode related but a nice bar chart to have going in the corner for monitoring, you could set a little ping noise when there is a transaction of ~1k Dash as this would probably be a masternode sale. If you look at the explorer there have been 2 times 1k recently that were dumped onto the market and hence predicting the masternode count regarding rise or fall.

there is $MN$ App (PC)
(i can not find the link now)
I am using a similar App i got from Udjin for Mac.

You planning cross platform ?

[...] I would like to put my skills to use building DASH masternode monitoring software with a nice GUI. [...]
The more masternode monitors the better. Right now dashninja.pl is the only masternode monitor listed on dashpay.io. This gives the newcomer the idea that it is an authoritative source for masternodes which it is not, because in a truly decentralized network there is no such thing.

[...] Now my first question. Where is the best place to obtain this information? eg blockchain information. [...]
Deploy your own database. You can load blockchain data (blk00000.dat, blk00001.dat, ....) into your DB with https://github.com/crowning-/Dash-abe
(It's slow and there are probably better alternatives, but I guess it suffices for now.)

[...] I plan on parsing the html source to get the required information that way. I have tried to parse the dashninja site but because it uses java script to load the blockchain data it returns the place holder strings. ( $$$ )(i think it uses javascript) [...]
Parsing the html source? This sounds like madness to me. What if dashninja.pl decides to give their site a makeover?

You should really run your own blockchain explorer like wsmithston mentioned. That's what we do at Node40. Our monitor relies on the blockchain to show accurate transaction information. We also use it to confirm payment and check if our masternodes are properly synced.

Short of running your own version of ABE, I believe dashninja has a publicly available api. That might be a good way to get you started.

You should really run your own blockchain explorer like wsmithston mentioned. That's what we do at Node40. Our monitor relies on the blockchain to show accurate transaction information. We also use it to confirm payment and check if our masternodes are properly synced.

Short of running your own version of ABE, I believe dashninja has a publicly available api. That might be a good way to get you started.

do you know where I can find more info on this API. i cant find anything on it?

Back