• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

So much liberty but so little action

Would you support ballot access?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angela Fisher

I have been following and stalking proposals for some time. (Not as long as many but I am now) And there are so many outreach, media and gimmicky things proposed. We actually need action.
In the US, liberty minded candidates are shut out of debates, ballot access, media and more. After working for many years in politics I founded an organization who will ensure those candidates who deregulate, stand up against corruption and make freedom legal are not an after though but are INCLUDED. We are uber successful stopping short on the Commission for Presidential Debates.
We vet and qualify each candidate before we accept them. One of our requirements is that the candidate have ballot access. This is the worst part of our work.

To gain ballot access we have to work much harder and for much longer to even get on the ballot with the shitty Ds and Rs. Then it occurred to me that where we succeed we, too, also fail.

For us, for the people of the US and for all non traditional currencies here and left to come, we absolutely MUST keep forging our way to getting elected those people who want us to succeed without government interference.

The key is ballot access. This is tough because we cannot do this with a nationwide team of volunteers. It literally takes boots on the ground in every place any particular race matters. Right now, IL, TN, GA, AL and OH are and should be a focus. This requires organization and money. Why are there not proposals for this?

Angela Fisher,
Executive Director for The Feldman Foundation

Voting yes.

Seeing the kind of proposals funded, you have got the right idea about where our priorities are- Fixing American Politics and Media.

The treasury budget exists to fund activities that support important political causes in the US. Thats our goal!
We also recently supported construction of a studio for a political journalist with 5600 dash.

I think you should make a proposal from the Feldman Foundation starting with minimum 600 dash a month, so we can intervene in the injustices of the US political system.

I would recommend all volunteers be given tshirts with a dash logo, so this can also benefit dash in a subtle way.

After funding strong actions in us politics, if there is any money left, we can maybe spend it on global dash adoption, creating use cases and transactions etc.
But those are not really important at this stage. There is plenty of time for that. We need to fix American politics right now!

Will vote yes if you come up with a action plan to increase ballot access for individuals who you think should be the next president.

I will work on a plan now. I have been on weekly calls working toward a plan for the 2020 presidential nomination but first let me see if I have the manpower to direct.

Tshirts are a great idea and a great optic for volunteers. I think we could do more than that though. :)

Unfortunately @Argon31 is an anonymous troll who hates and denigrates pretty much every proposal and he was being sarcastic. Ignore him.

That being said, while the DAO has funded a lot of Libertarian-aligned media personnel, it's primarily because Libertarians tend to be interested in propagating cryptocurrency rather than because they're Libertarian. Partisan politics is really beyond the scope of what the DAO is for, considering it's an international network, not just an American one. So Dash has an intersection with Libertarians in terms of some values and goals, but is not in itself explicitly or even implicitly aligned with any particular party.

Certainly some places like New Hampshire have benefited from crypto-friendly government policies, but this is better served through efforts like the lobbying one that went through the pre-proposal stage (but doesn't look like it's moving forward at this time) rather than trying to elect individual politicians let alone whole parties.

Back