Imagine there's a bucket of water representing rewards. Now you split the water into two groups, one with with 62.5% of the water (Core Bucket) and the other with 37.5% (Platform bucket), one thing is apparent you have the same amount of water, just in two different containers.
Now let's split the collateral 50/50 between MNs and HPMNs, with 50% of MNs getting 50% of the overall water, but coming from the core bucket. Well 50% of the original collateral getting 50% of the origin rewards they are getting the same amount as before. For the HPMNs they are getting 37.5% from platform and 62.5 - 50 = 12.5% from core, added up they are also getting 50%, so they are getting the same as well. (This is the 4K solution).
Sorry, i am too stupid to understand it.
Maybe in one of the buckets is no water, but something else.
Regarding the 4K solution:
You confirmed a HPMN will earn just the same as a regular 1K node from Core (Payment Network).
With 4K HPMN this means, such a HPMN would have to earn in about 7-8 days time about 3times the amount of its Core Reward additionally from Platform Rewards,
so it would be economically sustainable in comparison to Rewards from four regular 1K nodes.
We know where the Rewards come from Core (Payment Network), those are basically new Dash coins generated from inflation.
But the Platform Chain will have not this priviledge of being able to generate Dash coins, right?
Therefore i am still wondering about the source of the Platform Rewards, because it will have to create a powerful stream of constant Rewards, to make 4K nodes economically viable.
In my humble opinion it could prove nearly-impossible to compensate HPMN according to their increased collateral with 75% being Platform Rewards (4K solution).
Say we have 100 different 4K HPMN running Platform.
This means, in order to sufficiently offset missed-out Core Rewards from converting to HPMN,
Platform Rewards in about 7-8 days time (Core payment cycle), to those 100 different 4K HPMN would need to amount to
the Earnings of 300 regular 1K nodes. (basically those which vanished from the Core Payment Network through the conversion to HPMN)
According to my math, this is amounting to nearly 420 Dash equivalent worth of Platform Rewards which would need to get paid to those 100 HPMN in about 7-8 days time.
I have a hard time comprehending where those 420 Dash worth of Platform Rewards could possibly come from, every 7-8 days.