• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Question about MN payout address and fees

Dash.Dash

Hello,
I recently deployed a new Dash MN and have three questions.

1. Is it possible to change my payout address with no penalty because in my setup I made my MN with the collateral also my payout address and would like to have a separate address dedicated for that. I noticed on DMT under MN action the "update payout address" is this the correct one? anything special I need to know before doing that?

2. Just received my first MN payment :) and I noticed that I paid a big fee with that payment, is this normal?

3. As a MN holder I understand I can vote on proposals, how and where to do that?

glad to be part of this big thing here.

Thank you all !!!

Attachments

• MN reward.PNG
    MN reward.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 44
Hey @Dash.Dash 👋

1 - it is possible to change the payout address anytime without loosing the payment queue. You can do it with DMT as well or using Dashcore console via update_service but remember that you need to have privkeys of the addresses imported on dashcore wallet, so if you registered your MN with DMT then better to update payout address with DMT.
2 - Not sure which explorer you use but 2.31 Dash is the new block creation which then is split between the miner and masternode. Your part is 1,352 Dash. You can see how it looks like here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?50797681.htm
3 - if you use DMT you can view the proposals by accessing it via Proposals button in top menu or using Dashcore wallet with commands or using dashcentral.org account.

Welcome on board! 🍻

Hey @Dash.Dash 👋

1 - it is possible to change the payout address anytime without loosing the payment queue. You can do it with DMT as well or using Dashcore console via update_service but remember that you need to have privkeys of the addresses imported on dashcore wallet, so if you registered your MN with DMT then better to update payout address with DMT.
2 - Not sure which explorer you use but 2.31 Dash is the new block creation which then is split between the miner and masternode. Your part is 1,352 Dash. You can see how it looks like here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?50797681.htm
3 - if you use DMT you can view the proposals by accessing it via Proposals button in top menu or using Dashcore wallet with commands or using dashcentral.org account.

Welcome on board! 🍻
Thank you very much 🙏

It appears that Ledger is confused by Dash special transactions (like the coinbase tx) and just interprets the entire tx as a fee in that case. Thankfully that is not the case :).

Back