• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal Idea: Gradually Reduce Proposal Fee

Step down the proposal fee from 5 Dash to 4?

• Yes - Let's try a 4 Dash proposal fee

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No - Keep it at 5

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Let's hop down to 3 Dash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's jump down to 2 Dash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's live dangerously! Just a 1 Dash proposal fee!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

I_am_cuul

Hey, all. The proposal fee is a topic that comes up pretty often. A lot of people think 5 Dash is too high but 1 Dash is too low - but why do we need to jump all the way down to 1 Dash?

I think 1 Dash is a little low at the current price, so one option that is not talked about is to gradually reduce the fee over a number of months. We could try out a 4 Dash fee for a couple months to see how it goes.
- Will we get more spam, or will we be able to use more of our treasury to help boost expansion?
- Will the extra proposals take too much time for masternode owners to read through, or will a price rise help masternode rewards offset the increased time spent analyzing proposals?

This allows us to test the waters to see the effects of a slightly lower proposal fee. If approved, after a couple months of testing a 4 Dash fee, a new proposal could be submitted to ask to reduce the proposal fee from 4 Dash to 3. If it passes, we could try that for a couple months and then ask the network if the proposal fee should be reduced again, this time from 4 Dash to 3. From 3 Dash, we could reduce it to 2 Dash, or perhaps the network would want to only reduce it to 2.5 Dash.

We can step down the fee gradually, and each step could be approved or denied by the network.

Thoughts?

Judging by what we have seen already, I am fairly confident that no budget proposal that suggests to use any particular hardcoded fee amount will pass. Even if it's for 5 dash. IMO, this is doomed from the start. Proposing one for 5 dash might be more productive because at least the failure of the proposal would lead us to a piece of meaningful information.

Back