• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

OKX Delisting Dash, Zcash, Monero and other coins

... except that bitcoin has Schnorr signatures, while not perfect, does provide some privacy benefits. So why isn't bitcoin also de-listed? Because they couldn't kill bitcoin so they just divide and conquer, reluctantly accepting that bitcoin does at least provide some traceability to capture low hanging fruit.

Divide and conquer is powerful stuff, it allows the control freaks to continue in power while feeding off the main attraction of crypto, to get more dollars. "okay" they say, "you can have more dollars if you just let us divide you into haves and have nots".

except that bitcoin has Schnorr signatures
So what? No one cares as this is not in the news and regulations.
There is no logic in this game. And it is not fair.
If you want to prove you are right - go and talk to the regulators.
Writing logical or emotional posts changes nothing in the world outside.

So what? No one cares as this is not in the news and regulations.
There is no logic in this game. And it is not fair.
If you want to prove you are right - go and talk to the regulators.
Writing logical or emotional posts changes nothing in the world outside.

It's a technical point that demonstrates bias or ignorance on the behalf of banks and regulators. They will go down screaming like the dinosaurs they are.

I don't say this from a dash point of view, I say this from a cypherpunk point of view. The same principles that gave us public key cryptography and defeated the clipper chip. I am proud of Whitfield Diffie and his associates and all they did to get us where we are.

I think both positions are somewhat right.

I understand that decentralization and privacy should be a right, however in the world we live in, regulations are there to stay.

Dash has extraordinary features and it would be sad if before it can demonstrate them to the world it is already forgotten because of these regulations.

After saying this, I think we have to play on the edge of the knife to be able to get the best of both worlds. If in the future Dash manages to become mainstream then we will be able to demand our wills but at the moment we are so small that no one will care if we disappear.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, already has a size and acceptance large enough to demand that it not be eradicated by its detractors. That is why them are complacent with bitcoin because politically it is not interesting to attack it from political and economic positions.

Back