• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Need some help with importing backup.dat file on macbook.

Moved thread to support forum so people more competent than me can answer, but I would say that you just need to move it to the appropriate folder. Make a backup in case something goes wrong. If that doesn't work you can dump private keys for all addresses in the wallet and then import them manually in a new wallet in your Macbook.

tungfa is on Mac also, he probably can tell you where the folder is if you don't know or give more info.

Hey CryptoMan
your wallet.dat file "lives" in your
user-library-application support- Darkcoin Folder !

If you can NOT find that folder, i guess your user-library folder is hidden (as MAC does this by default)
easy to unhide
let me know if I am on the right path and i post the rest of my thoughts.....>

I figured it out, I put the backupwallet.dat into Darkcoin folder but the problem was i left the original wallet.dat in the folder also. So i removed the original wallet.dat and renamed the backupwallet.dat to wallet.dat. Thanks for the help.

Hey CryptoMan
your wallet.dat file "lives" in your
user-library-application support- Darkcoin Folder !

If you can NOT find that folder, i guess your user-library folder is hidden (as MAC does this by default)
easy to unhide
let me know if I am on the right path and i post the rest of my thoughts.....>

How do you un-hide this folder in Mac? I think I am running into the same issue. I want to place my backup wallet file (dat) in this folder.

Back