• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Move coins - novice

Donna

Help. I bought dark coin a few years back, then got busy and forgot about them. Just rediscovered them. Downloaded Dash wallet to Mac, but can't figure out how to move coins from old wallet to new wallet. I found info on the Dash site that gave a video tutorial about using "Terminal" to type in specific prompts, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to type those commands in. How do you drop to new line. If you hit enter, then it tries to execute.

There is not enough info in the instructional video for me to understand how to do what they are saying to do. Can anyone explain this process to a novice? I have about $900 of dark/dash coin and don't want to lose that because I can't access it.

Thanks ahead of time,
Donna

hey donna
welcome back

1st things first
securely save (or keep saved) the wallet.dat with your DRK/Dash (USB Stick or wherever)

then
- do you have an old DRK wallet on same computer ?
if yes - (make sure the wallet.dat with coins is saved somewhere secure) - erase Darkcoin Folder
user - Library - Application Support - Darkcoin Folder
(if no proceed as bellow)
- download new Dash Wallet
install / sync
- when finished quit wallet

- open:
user - Library - Application Support - Dash Folder
erase that wallet.dat (as empty and new) / place your wallet.dat (with the DRK coins) in there
See pic (ONLY if Wallet is quit and NOT running)
RRxKbYv.jpg

start wallet and boom !

if you can not see the
user - Library Folder (hidden by default on Mac) follow instructions here (bottom) how to unhide
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/MAC:+Secure+Backup+for+Wallet.dat

that is the easy / simple way
another way is here:

hey donna
welcome back

1st things first
securely save (or keep saved) the wallet.dat with your DRK/Dash (USB Stick or wherever)

then
- do you have an old DRK wallet on same computer ?
if yes - (make sure the wallet.dat with coins is saved somewhere secure) - erase Darkcoin Folder
user - Library - Application Support - Darkcoin Folder
(if no proceed as bellow)
- download new Dash Wallet
install / sync
- when finished quit wallet

- open:
user - Library - Application Support - Dash Folder
erase that wallet.dat (as empty and new) / place your wallet.dat (with the DRK coins) in there
See pic (ONLY if Wallet is quit and NOT running)
RRxKbYv.jpg

start wallet and boom !

if you can not see the
user - Library Folder (hidden by default on Mac) follow instructions here (bottom) how to unhide
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/MAC:+Secure+Backup+for+Wallet.dat

that is the easy / simple way
another way is here:

Thank you so much. How incredibly generous of you.
I did figure out where my Terminal was, and how to unhide my library (googled it)
Then I easily found the .dat copied it and saved it and then went to dash
folder and pasted it, checked the wallet and the coins are there.

Didn't delete the darkcoin folder until I was sure I had been successful.
When I checked on my coins in the DASH folder I saw that it was locked.
Moment of panic since it never asked me to create a pass phrase.
Prayed and thought about it and thought perhaps my DARK coin wallet pass phrase was moved forward to the DASH wallet.
Tried it and it worked. Whew!

Still kind of chicken to delete the DARK Coin wallet. Even though the .dat is backed up and the coins are showing up
in the DASH Wallet. Maybe tomorrow. Smile.

Thanks again for all the energy you put into trying to help me.
Donna

Back