• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Making privacy better: Hiding how much the receiver receives

Populandum

Foundation Member
I posted this thought along with a reply earlier, but I didn't really get any response except a like from oblox :tongue:
So I thought I'd make this thread in the appropriate forum.

The current privacy implementation is good for making it impossible to see who sent money, BUT you can still see how much is being sent to a specific address! This might be problematic and I had an idea which might solve it. My idea is very simple and involves stealth addresses which we would need to implement, but that is not so hard.

Now imagine you send anonymized funds to a stealth address and that the denominations of your transaction are actually broken up to be sent to different addresses derived from the stealth address. The receiver could then simply mix the denominations in the different addresses a few times if they want as well. This would mean in addition to not seeing who sent coins to an address, you wouldn't actually be able to see what amount any receiver receives at all!
This together with blinding and ip obfuscation makes me feel like an excited kid! :grin:

Got any thoughts?
eduffield UdjinM6 ?

I posted this thought along with a reply earlier, but I didn't really get any response except a like from oblox :tongue:
So I thought I'd make this thread in the appropriate forum.

The current privacy implementation is good for making it impossible to see who sent money, BUT you can still see how much is being sent to a specific address! This might be problematic and I had an idea which might solve it. My idea is very simple and involves stealth addresses which we would need to implement, but that is not so hard.

Now imagine you send anonymized funds to a stealth address and that the denominations of your transaction are actually broken up to be sent to different addresses derived from the stealth address. The receiver could then simply mix the denominations in the different addresses a few times if they want as well. This would mean in addition to not seeing who sent coins to an address, you wouldn't actually be able to see what amount any receiver receives at all!
This together with blinding and ip obfuscation makes me feel like an excited kid! :grin:

Got any thoughts?
eduffield UdjinM6 ?
I'm going to like this again because stealth address implementation should be trivial at best.

Back