• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mac Darkcoin wallet out of sync

hypnautikz

So for the last couple of days i've kept my wallet open all day and my wallet has not synced at all. I'm a little bit puzzled as to why this happening.

I use a MAC system so if theres any fixes I would be grateful. I'm currently using the latest version of the wallet which was released this month.

Close Darkcoin-Qt, remove peers.dat (located in ~/Library/Application Support/Darkcoin/), start Darkcoin-Qt. This will force wallet to find new peers and you should get in sync quite fast.
If it doesn't work for you send me debug.log pls (you can find it in the same location) [email protected]

Close Darkcoin-Qt, remove peers.dat (located in ~/Library/Application Support/Darkcoin/), start Darkcoin-Qt. This will force wallet to find new peers and you should get in sync quite fast.
If it doesn't work for you send me debug.log pls (you can find it in the same location)

Looking in that folder you said and I cannot see Darkcoin at all.

Anything I need to run?
Just download, unzip, grab extracted bootstrap.dat and place it in that folder I mentioned earlier.Then run Darkcoin-Qt. It will recognize this file automatically and start to load blocks from it.

Does the log contain "Readblockfromfile" errors?
nope, just lots of
Code:
dsee - Got mismatched pubkey and vin
Misbehaving: 93.127.226.204:9999 (0 -> 100) BAN THRESHOLD EXCEEDED
with different IPs

Nope, still says no blocks source
Hmm... strange.... ok...
1) grab the latest 0.11.1.25 from https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/ and install it as usual
2) remove peers.dat and debug.log files and also blocks and chainstate folders
3) drop bootstrap.dat in that folder (or rename bootstrap.dat.old there back to bootstrap.dat)
4) run Darkcoin-Qt
Now it should say "Importing bootstrap.dat..." and will take ~40-50 minutes to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... strange.... ok...
1) grab the latest 0.11.1.25 from and install it as usual
2) remove peers.dat and debug.log files and also blocks and chainstate folders
3) drop bootstrab.dat in that folder (or rename bootstrap.dat.old there back to bootstrap.dat)
4) run Darkcoin-Qt
Now it should say "Importing bootstrap.dat..." and will take ~40-50 minutes to finish.

Didn't say about bootstrap.dat but its started syncing again from the start

Back