• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lets get an A-Z on how to get the windows wallet running from download and beyond...

Ok, so I have a few working wallets. On each one I had to change the conf files.

So Im on a new laptop right now, and downloaded another wallet, and I am asking myself why the latest download is still saying that it cant find the blockchain.

A. Can we get this fixed? Even if the issue is on the users end, can we get this working from the get go.

B. Can we get this fixed? How is adoption supposed to go smoothly if a noob has to search on how to change the conf file.

When I launch this thing, it should go right to downloading the blockchain, with no problems whatsoever.

I posted this in regards to getting it addressed on reddit. I am hardly ever on the forums, and most people are learning and keeping up with DRK on reddit.

Ok, so I have a few working wallets. On each one I had to change the conf files.

So Im on a new laptop right now, and downloaded another wallet, and I am asking myself why the latest download is still saying that it cant find the blockchain.

A. Can we get this fixed? Even if the issue is on the users end, can we get this working from the get go.

B. Can we get this fixed? How is adoption supposed to go smoothly if a noob has to search on how to change the conf file.

When I launch this thing, it should go right to downloading the blockchain, with no problems whatsoever.

You are right, that definitely should work out of the box - i need to check back with Evan if the DNS seeder is working correctly.

You are right, that definitely should work out of the box - i need to check back with Evan if the DNS seeder is working correctly.

Yeah, that would be awesome.

If I had downloaded the new wallet to a new machine sooner, I would have asked about it sooner.

Seems when I update my older machine, which has the modified conf files, it still runs smoothly, so I didnt know this was still an issue.

Back