• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ledger Nano S and Send Error: 25: bad-txns-inputs-missingorspent

GPKIEFER

Hi All,

I did a cursory search but could not find any suitable information on this issue.

I am using a Ledger Nano S, previously hosted my Masternode using Allnodes service.

I can receive fine but cannot send any amount of Dash as I get the following error message:

25: bad-txns-inputs-missingorspent

I am using Ledger Live to access my Nano S and have tried using the coin control features to select from the different coins to no avail. My masternode collateral is listed along with some of the past rewards from my masternode.

I checked the 3 separate addresses on my Nano S for my Dash holdings, and they are accurate via the blockchain. However, when I clear the cache in Ledger Live I sometimes get two different amounts of Dash randomly with a deviation of plus or minus 5 Dash? Seems there must be some sync issue with Ledger and the blockchain.

I have tried uninstalling the app in Ledger Live, Nano S, clearing the cache and using coin control with various amounts and coins selected with the same results. In addition, my masternode is offline and no longer active o Allnodes until I can resolve this issue.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Ledger_Dash.jpg
    Ledger_Dash.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 45
Ledger Live does not support Masternode payments (or Miner payments), you will need to use the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT) for this.
See : https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.38

After installation :

* press 'connect hardware wallet'
* press 'Wallet'

That will land you in the wallet part of DMT, that you can use to make Dash transactions (Masternode / Miner / Normal) out of your Ledger hardware wallet.

Also a bit of advice : the more input amounts you bundle into a transaction out of your ledger wallet, the slower it gets processed by your Ledger hardware wallet. So either transfer them out on a regular basis or make sure you don't have too many masternode payments (input amounts) bundled in an outgoing transaction.

With regards to your balance sync problems, i am also using Ledger Live (v2.73.0) for viewing my Dash balance and have not noticed any problems recently with Dash. You already tried clearing your cache on Ledger Live, you could reach out to Ledger and ask how to get your Dash balance shown correctly on Ledger Live. Just keep in mind that Ledger Live could be waiting for a number of confirmations, before showing your Dash balance correctly. I guess the ultimate solution could be a Ledger Live reset. You will need to reconnect your hardware wallet then, to import your Dash accounts again. Also keep in mind that both miner payments and masternode payments need 101 PoW confirmations, before getting spendable / reaching maturity.

You can also import your Ledger wallet addresses in your Dash Core wallet as watch-only addresses, that should give you a second option to viewing your Dash balance stored on Ledger. I think i did this through the Dash Core wallet Console, with help of importaddress "address" command.

Last edited:
Ledger Live does not support Masternode payments (or Miner payments), you will need to use the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT) for this.
See : https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.38

After installation :

* press 'connect hardware wallet'
* press 'Wallet'

That will land you in the wallet part of DMT, that you can use to make Dash transactions (Masternode / Miner / Normal) out of your Ledger hardware wallet.

Also a bit of advice : the more input amounts you bundle into a transaction out of your ledger wallet, the slower it gets processed by your Ledger hardware wallet. So either transfer them out on a regular basis or make sure you don't have too many masternode payments (input amounts) bundled in an outgoing transaction.

With regards to your balance sync problems, i am also using Ledger Live (v2.73.0) for viewing my Dash balance and have not noticed any problems recently with Dash. You already tried clearing your cache on Ledger Live, you could reach out to Ledger and ask how to get your Dash balance shown correctly on Ledger Live. Just keep in mind that Ledger Live could be waiting for a number of confirmations, before showing your Dash balance correctly. I guess the ultimate solution could be a Ledger Live reset. You will need to reconnect your hardware wallet then, to import your Dash accounts again. Also keep in mind that both miner payments and masternode payments need 101 PoW confirmations, before getting spendable / reaching maturity.

You can also import your Ledger wallet addresses in your Dash Core wallet as watch-only addresses, that should give you a second option to viewing your Dash balance stored on Ledger. I think i did this through the Dash Core wallet Console, with help of importaddress "address" command.
Thank you. This resolved the issue completely and I was able once again, to withdraw my Dash rewards from my previous hosted MN on Allnodes. Once I completed this withdrawal I am now re-hosting my MN again but I specified a non-Ledger address for the rewards.

Thank you. This resolved the issue completely and I was able once again, to withdraw my Dash rewards from my previous hosted MN on Allnodes. Once I completed this withdrawal I am now re-hosting my MN again but I specified a non-Ledger address for the rewards.
Put your MN rewards into Dashcore wallet, mix them out and move them as you wish without tracking back to your MN collateral.

Back