• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Leap of faith: Fulltimegeek goes full-time on Dash

Welcome to the team! :grin: Gestures like these almost bring tears to my eyes. I would love to do this, especially given I truly believe in what we're doing, but I have a family to take care of, so it's difficult for me to find the time to make the technical contributions I would like to. That said, please do let me know if there's anything I can do to help (smallish compartmentalized technical tasks would be best). I am often available on IRC.

Today I told my boss that my last day of employment will be Dec. 25 2015
I will be leaving my current full-time job to focus entirely on Dash.

That's pretty cool, helping hands are always welcome.

And the new guy brings the beer of course
smilie_drink3.gif

It's a great thing to see people taking these big steps in their lives. Congrats on the big decision fulltimegeek - hopefully in the long run it all pays off.
Ditto!

Welcome to the team! :grin: Gestures like these almost bring tears to my eyes. I would love to do this, especially given I truly believe in what we're doing, but I have a family to take care of, so it's difficult for me to find the time to make the technical contributions I would like to. That said, please do let me know if there's anything I can do to help (smallish compartmentalized technical tasks would be best). I am often available on IRC.
Ditto, except what I can offer is the eyes of a lay person who knows nuttin! LOL, but sometimes that's useful :)

fulltimegeek warm welcome men ;)
I always repeat that growing quality team, full of passion and bright vision, is one of the most valuable things we have in the dash project.
Exciting times ;)
So true, and though I like to see it grow, and grow and grow, the truth is, it may very well be growing at just the right pace. Too many cooks in the kitchen can create chaos. But just the right number makes dinner come faster and taste better :D

And I totally agree Tao!

Thanks fulltimegeek, anything I can do to help, let me know. If you make a thread regarding functionality, and looks of the interface, I'll come with my two duffs from a more non-technical point of view :)

I don't have another job, except to destroy my children's psychological health (and enjoy every minute of it) plus drive 'em everywhere , including crazy. Does that make me a full time Dash employee? ROFL

Our family has way too much fun together, it's not right.

Back