• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

High Masternode Payments...

Yeah, but they happen because the difficulty is lower, which means we are losing hash power... not a huge deal yet, but we need to keep an eye on that!

Miners ragequitting in protest. Others will fill in. There are also multipools hopping... Giant heaps of hashpower coming and then disappearing once diff spikes...

I shut off my Neptunes because they don't pay for themselves anymore. Cheaper to buy DASH than point 8TH/s of SHA256/DR at xpool.ca.

I picked up several 3.5DASH node payments. Win! My MNs pay me more than my company does! Lols!

Yeah, but they happen because the difficulty is lower, which means we are losing hash power... not a huge deal yet, but we need to keep an eye on that!

High hash power is overrated, a few gigahash is fine (it was only 100 megahash cpu only, almost all on 1 pool when I started)
The difficulty/block size varies because of auto-switching X11 pools diving onto other coins, startcoin is a popular one, but Dash is occasionally selected so is must be on the edge.

It's not about the hashpower, it's about the distribution, and the potential cost of acquiring 50%. With low hash power the latter is getting lower as well.

So while the current hashpower is more than enough for maintaining the network, the lower it gets the higher the risk of a potential attack.

Back