• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Guide for single MN on a Windows machine?

OK thanks for the feedback!

So the TX still needs to be 1000 DASH? Would it be allright if the address that receives the TX already has some DASH?

I was also wondering, do you really have to specify addnode=23.23.186.131 in dash.conf?

OK thanks for the feedback!

So the TX still needs to be 1000 DASH? Would it be allright if the address that receives the TX already has some DASH?

I was also wondering, do you really have to specify addnode=23.23.186.131 in dash.conf?
Its ok, but must be a new empty address for 1k, if you dont like sending 1k at once, send it in smaller amounts to a different address in the same wallet and then group the coins together using 'enable coin control features' via settings/options and send 1k in one go to another address in wallet.

The wallet finds many nodes, you can leave the addnode out.

... but must be a new empty address for 1k....
Actually no, it doesn't care if this address already holds some funds or is it a brand new one - the only requirement is a tx with unspent 1000 DASH output.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

However this part

is redundant - any address can be masternode address now as long as it is funded via tx with 1000 DASH.
(we got rid of "getaccountaddress 0" a long time ago but it keeps resurrecting again and again in every guide :rolleyes:)

lol - then remove it from the commands - lol - ya goof :p
[unless there is a reason to 'need' it in the future...]

you can use your daily address - pubkey - where you already did 10000 of transactions but if one of these is the tx of 1000 coins exactly you can use it as your tx you`ll use to get your masternode running...

Actually no, it doesn't care if this address already holds some funds or is it a brand new one - the only requirement is a tx with unspent 1000 DASH output.

Can you post the 'command-line' script needed, within the QT console, that shows the transaction ID and the transaction number, the MN will need, to be inserted into the masternode.conf file correctly?

thx

Can you post the 'command-line' script needed, within the QT console, that shows the transaction ID and the transaction number, the MN will need, to be inserted into the masternode.conf file correctly?

thx
"masternode outputs"?

OK, to surmise, all you need is one single transaction of 1000 DASH to a public key you already have or that you create, right? Or are extra steps needed when you do this? I have not edited the masternode.conf file, it is empty.

I will finish the howto on wednesday and publish it, including screenshots.

Back