• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Getting xpub adress from Dash Core Wallet

han-scree

Hello guys,

I am currently trying to recover past wallet addresses I used within my dash core wallet.dat
For me it would be the easiest if I was able to retrieve/get an xPub for my wallet.dat.
Do you know if that is possible with a dash wallet that was created around 2017 with dash core wallet?

Or if that is not possible would the wallet console common
"listaddressgroupings" yield a similar result?

Thanks a lot for your help:)

Hello guys,

I am currently trying to recover past wallet addresses I used within my dash core wallet.dat
For me it would be the easiest if I was able to retrieve/get an xPub for my wallet.dat.
Do you know if that is possible with a dash wallet that was created around 2017 with dash core wallet?

Probably work best using Dash Electrum, posted this in Discord, somebody experienced with Electrum should reply soon.

DashCore doesn't (or at least didn't back in 2017) typically use xPubs. It's a so-called "just a bunch of (unrelated) keys" (JABOK) wallet.
All the keys (both public and private) are accessible in your wallet.dat backup and can be exported using DashCore. Do you have your wallet.dat file?

Hello guys,

As rion said, the Dash Core wallet doesn't have an "xPub" because by default it does not use HD. To list all of the addresses, I think you'd have to use the RPC
Code:
listaddressbalances
with a minimum balance parameter of "0" to show them all.

Thanks guys for the quick answers!
I have the wallet.dat accessible and will use listaddressbalances then.
The public keys/adresses listed there should be the same as in listaddressgroupings, right?
I will try that!

I am currently working with a tax tool to track my transactions, but these wallet change addresses make my life hard haha

Back