• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evolution - Social Wallet Discussion

I don't claim to understand all of this so maybe I've missed something....

It seems to me the address book should be network agnostic so that anyone can develop applications on top without making it dash specific. In fact, I think it would be most helpful if there was a budget to create a meeting of minds, to get the different players together (dash, storj etc) and agree on an open standard. This way we can lay the foundation for Email 2.0.

My initial vision would work as follows:

1. A developer comes along and says to all the network (dash, storj etc), "Create organisation named @twitter".

2. If the network accepts the id (unused), private and public keys are returned.

3. Developer now uses his private key to create and manage his own user space according to his own rules. It's up to him how he does the username space... whether he wants duplicates or uniqueness, numbers or letters, fingerprints or iris, that's entirely up to him.

4. The network address might look like, "@twitter/GrandMasterDash". OTOH, vodafone comes along and creates their username space as telephone numbers, "@vodafone/1267834555"

5. There would have to be network charges for accessing the username space... but that part is easy enough and it would be a source of income to the masternodes (or whichever network the developer chooses).

Either that, or use an existing network like jabber.

Back