• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ethical question about Bitcoin as it relates to DASH and anonymity

btcmacroecon

One of my slack accounts brought up an ethical question as it relates to Bitcoin creating privacy related features. I believe in proof of work and giving credit where credit is due and I said I believe the question should be asked to DASH. And he wanted me to report back.

Hey @channel, we've been working hard in the Bitcoin community on some important privacy-related features. Among them are Confidential Transactions, a new cryptographic way to conceal information in the network: https://www.elementsproject.org/elements/confidential-transactions — thoughts, feedback, and link propagation all appreciated!

Does anybody in the DASH community have any feedback on this one and confidential transactions, etc? (See link above). Your thoughts?

www.bitcoinmacroeconomics.com

Confidential transactions is a privacy service available for individual bitcoin transactions. As such it looks to me like being pretty useful.

It isn't integrated into the protocol to any degree so doesn't really affect Bitcoin's monetary properties that much, but I'd like to try it to see how it works. I've no idea how to go about doing that. (For example, how would you carry out a confidential transaction between you and an Exchange which was a passive player).

Back