• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status update:
  1. since it's impossible to fit everything in there (the Coin Selection screen is already VERY wide) I've added tooltips to the address and date columns. Not perfect, but does the job.
Seceond though, why not change 'Darksend Rounds' -> 'DS Rounds' and you have more space to make address and date wide enough?

Can someone post an pic of the UI of the wallet, I'd love to what it looks like with the added enhancements.

Status update:

2. that's a tough one. Reset on de-select could be possible (needs some investigations), but de-selecting on tab-change is a can of worms I surely will NOT open...sorry, but it's WAY too much work with little gain.
Sorry to bring this back again, but i need to inform: this works only inside with table, not outside of it.
So, if user have full table, reset wil not work.

Sorry to bring this back again, but i need to inform: this works only inside with table, not outside of it.
So, if user have full table, reset wil not work.

Not sure I 100% get what you mean...when the table is completely filled, a Ctrl+Click will de-select a selected transaction.

Not sure I 100% get what you mean...when the table is completely filled, a Ctrl+Click will de-select a selected transaction.
Aha, that was new.
What if user have selected 100 rows with shift+click?
And if possible, reset with click anywhere in the window would be great, not just table.
Or simple reset button next to sum text area.

This same reset problem is in the peers tab also.
> Tools->Peers list -> right side data should reset if user deselects row or go to other tab or selected row disappear.

cmd+click on mac :smile: works!

Aha, that was new.
What if user have selected 100 rows with shift+click?
And if possible, reset with click anywhere in the window would be great, not just table.
Or simple reset button next to sum text area.

This same reset problem is in the peers tab also.
> Tools->Peers list -> right side data should reset if user deselects row or go to other tab or selected row disappear.

Tbh I would leave as it is now, I'm not sure if anyone at all would be bothered deselecting lines there.
And if you selected 1000 rows and still want to deselect all (for whatever reason but I can't find a single one why would I want to) - just select one and ctrl+click.

cmd+click on mac :smile: works!

Tbh I would leave as it is now, I'm not sure if anyone at all would be bothered deselecting lines there.
And if you selected 1000 rows and still want to deselect all (for whatever reason but I can't find a single one why would I want to) - just select one and ctrl+click.
If i want count totals of selected rows, that is the whole point.
What if in your internet bank web page you cant calculate or see your
incomings or outcomings, i think anybody wont accept that kind of bank.

But i leave this for decided, i have made my point, but its pain in the ass calculate all with calculator row by row.

If i want count totals of selected rows, that is the whole point.
What if in your internet bank web page you cant calculate or see your
incomings or outcomings, i think anybody wont accept that kind of bank.

But i leave this for decided, i have made my point, but its pain in the ass calculate all with calculator row by row.
Yes, I see why it would be needed to select many rows but I don't see why would you need to unselect ALL rows at once? Just select what you need next - click one row first and then select the others.

Yes, I see why it would be needed to select many rows but I don't see why would you need to unselect ALL rows at once? Just select what you need next - click one row first and then select the others.
If i have 100 rows selected, and i want calculate something else, i have 2 options to reset (deselect),
click every row one by one, or exit wallet and start again. But i leave this for both of you decide.

If i have 100 rows selected, and i want calculate something else, i have 2 options to reset (deselect),
click every row one by one, or exit wallet and start again. But i leave this for both of you decide.
Why is that? When you click some row it's get selected and everything else get unselected. Or is it working differently for you?

Why is that? When you click some row it's get selected and everything else get unselected. Or is it working differently for you?
Oh sh..t, you are right, it works just like that, but i newer thought of that, my bad!
This is done, and thanks, maybe some quick tip info for user about this thing would be nice.:smile:

Oh sh..t, you are right, it works just like that, but i newer thought of that, my bad!
This is done, and thanks, maybe some quick tip info for user about this thing would be nice.:smile:

I don't think extra info is needed, that's how about every operating system on this planet works...

At least now I understand why I didn't understand you :smile:

Reactions: AjM
crowning UdjinM6

I put this in here because the list is all about the gui.
Relevant ver: v0.12.0.7-d39815d (2.7.2015) -->>

My GUI & translation error/bug/fix/memo/wish list:

1. Source english is still with this: -Can vary +/- %1 satoshi(s) per input.

2. Wallet repair->rescan button->text is too narrow, text truncated (Finnish).

3. All help menu objects (cmd opt, both about) does not use latest translations, its old data there.

4. Tooltip text are in some cases too wide, half a meter :) (options->wallet->Spend unconfirmed change)

5. Transactions-> if selected row, selected amount is calculated ok, it should reset if you deselect or go to other tab.

6. Send->coin control->coin selection -> address and date columns are truncated and too narrow.

7. Splash screen on startup does not use latest translations.

8. Tools->Peers list -> right side data should reset if user deselects row or go to other tab or selected row disappear.

9. Found from the log:
2015-07-06 19:02:51 GUI: QLabel(0xb0049b8, name = "labelCoinControlChangeLabel") does not have a property named "padding"

10. Transactions-> Min amount box -> cant input dot(.), only comma (,), so you cant enter amounts below 1 or any decimal amount.

Edit: 1, 5, 6, 9 done by crowning .
Edit2: added 10.

List updated, added 10.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-25#post-58570

10. Transactions-> Min amount box -> cant input dot(.), only comma (,), so you cant enter amounts below 1 or any decimal amount.

Seems to be a locale issue, I can't reproduce it here...

Which locale is:
- your wallet?
- your operating system?

Especially the OS could be an issue, because it configures how currencies are display/interpreted.

Do the displayed transactions have a "." or a "," as decimal separator?

Confirmed here

Which locale is:
- your wallet?
- your operating system?

Especially the OS could be an issue, because it configures how currencies are display/interpreted.

Interesting that it uses simple double validator and not even currency format.
We could write smth like already implemented BitcoinAmountField class or adapt it to hide unit selection widget on demand (imo that might be a better way to keep things consistent).

Reactions: AjM

Which locale is:
- your wallet?
- your operating system?

Finnish keyboard.
Wallet is latest Dash v0.12.0.24-e6327e5 32bit.
Os is Win7 x64.

I thought you already remember my setup :grin:

Finnish keyboard.
Wallet is latest Dash v0.12.0.24-e6327e5 32bit.
Os is Win7 x64.

I guess your OS is Finnish as well, because just switching the wallet to Finnish (while still having an English OS) does not show this problem here.

I thought you already remember my setup :grin:

There's some minor part missing still :tongue:

UdjinM6 , does your OS-locale has a "," as decimal separator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back