• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DDoS Dash?

SonicDash

Found this. Is this true?

Darkcoin is in my opinion more dangerous than mere Bitcoin mixing because masternodes can very easily be DDOSed (masternodes' IP are broadcasted in plain text). This means that any sufficiently motivated organisations ("SMO", read: a lot of money, like many government agencies throughout the world, the NSA being far from the only one) can just buy a lot of DRK, set up a lot of masternodes and, using their massive computing power, execute a DDOS on the masternodes they don't own until the masternode's owners give up - this being done over time, to not make the DRK user suspicious, which is all that easy since masternoding naturally encourages killing the competition, since less competition means more money for you, much like the poolmining economy. Once all the other masternodes have given up, the remaining ones are the SMO's masternodes and then the fun begins. Another possibility is to simply issue a subpoena duces tecum (civilist countries have something similar) tied to legal interdiction to ever mention the subpoena (FISA warrant, anyone?). From this point on, honeypotting is just the way to go to gather enough data to convict as much users as possible later on.
-from reddits https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2nu9rg/darkcoin_anoncoin_shadowcash_monero/cmh5ekr

SonicDash ,
I see this statement as outdated forecasting. That's 10 months ago where MN is less than 2000, current MN is 3200+ and distributed around the world,
DDOS need to be performed to an MN ip longer than 70 minutes to remove the MN from list while MN pings to network can be relaying to any connected dash nodes.
If they can do this DDOS. I don't think the internet is still working during DDOS , and after DDOS , the MN will reconnect to network and everything is back to normal.
So, this is not worth killing other node for more money and MN owner will not giving up.
Another possibility is nonsense, IMO

Back